Support for TTDPatch (NFOid) GRF files

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

Darkvater wrote:
Trainskier1406 wrote:I've got the files and I added those lines ,yet I see no difference in game play.

What do I gotta do with the files?

Is adding those lines to oopenttd cfg gonna automatically load em into the game?

I wanna use em with big maps if possible cos I ain't building electric trains without the wires ,not realistic!
I don't think any bigger maps version has support for custom graphics files. Also, there is no electric-track implemented yet.
i added them too, want to use with normal OTTD. But i don't see any new graphics?!!
MYOB
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by MYOB »

Bernhard wrote:
Darkvater wrote:
Trainskier1406 wrote:I've got the files and I added those lines ,yet I see no difference in game play.

What do I gotta do with the files?

Is adding those lines to oopenttd cfg gonna automatically load em into the game?

I wanna use em with big maps if possible cos I ain't building electric trains without the wires ,not realistic!
I don't think any bigger maps version has support for custom graphics files. Also, there is no electric-track implemented yet.
i added them too, want to use with normal OTTD. But i don't see any new graphics?!!
Electric tracks ARE NOT IMPLEMENTED YET

How many times will that have to be repeated??
Thats not me in my avatar, because I haven't got one.....
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Trainskier1406 wrote:What's the svn version?

And does anyone have the url for their site?
Blah blah blah.
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

MYOB wrote:
Bernhard wrote:
Darkvater wrote: I don't think any bigger maps version has support for custom graphics files. Also, there is no electric-track implemented yet.
Electric tracks ARE NOT IMPLEMENTED YET

How many times will that have to be repeated??
i dont mean Electric Tracks, i mean DBSETXL!
Or is it only possible to use DBSET (old)?
But i see new Ships! Great!
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

since is possible to use some newgrf rom ttdpatch like dbsetw.grf and others... i try to write a compatibility list for what can work well at the same time (in ttdpatch is advised to deactivate tempsetw when you use dbsetw, so i tested it and worked...)

edit:
dbsetw placed after tempset deactivate this one
also cargoset work well
tropicsetw seem has some glitches (trees as wagons??)
arcticset with dbset causes some glitches in arctic climate

to play tropicset you should deactivate at least dbset, tempset and articset
in tropicset is also present a combinate engine, which is composed by 3 pieces... so 2 pieces have to be rotated but in OTTD is impossible (or not???)

first compatibility list:
DB SET:
[newgrf]
0 = dbsetw.grf
1 = newshipsw.grf
2 = cargosetw.grf (if you want)

ARCTIC SET or TEMPERATE SET:
[newgrf]
0 = tempsetw.grf
1 = arcticsetw.grf
2 = newshipsw.grf
3 = cargosetw.grf

TROPIC SET:
[newgrf]
0 = tropicstw.grf
1 = newshipsw.grf
2 = cargosetw.grf

more useful would be a gui like the patch where you can select sets and apply modifies without exit the game, and where, when you activate a set, it automatically turn off incompatibles sets
edk256
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by edk256 »

Will there be combatibility with the recently released USSet? I had been using OTTD on my WinXP P4 gaming rig, but ttdpatch didn't work, which I previosuly used. I acquired an old laptop that I installed ttdpatch on, and started playing the USSet. BUT I MISS OTTD'S UI!!!! The one thing I hate about the patch is the original TTD UI, but OTTD has improved functionality (and a larger screen size, therefore higher dpi).
NCarlson
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NCarlson »

Not really that helpful, but I've tried it and know that right now it doesn't work (in fact the game won't even load with the usset activated, sigh).
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

Simkid wrote:Not really that helpful, but I've tried it and know that right now it doesn't work (in fact the game won't even load with the usset activated, sigh).
the same for dbsetxl
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

Wolf01 wrote:
Simkid wrote:Not really that helpful, but I've tried it and know that right now it doesn't work (in fact the game won't even load with the usset activated, sigh).
the same for dbsetxl
Well, I think both of these sets use almost every feature in the book so I'm not surprised.
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

there is any possibility to rotate the engines when building multiheaded trains like the patch?
F@B
Engineer
Engineer

Post by F@B »

uhm.... i added

[newgrf]
0 = tempsetw.grf
1 = newshipsw.grf

to the openttd.cfg

and i've put tempsetw.grf + newshipsw.grf to data/

But there are NO CHANGES when i start a new game... no new ships etc. :cry:

[EDIT= Now it seems to work :D - GREAT JOB!]

The Transport Tycoon Headquarters:http://ttdlxhq.de.vu

Download my multilangual (English, German, French and Spanish)
TTD-Installer,
including latest stable TTDPatch, TTdxC and new graphics:
http://ttdlxhq.raysworld.ch/daten/TTHQsetup.exe
MT3269
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MT3269 »

lucaspiller wrote:
Trainskier1406 wrote:What's the svn version?

And does anyone have the url for their site?
Blah blah blah.
Ooh that's so helpful

Ppl add elrails to the cfg file with the intention of using electric tracks ,but if no1 can be arsed implementing them then that'l always be one of the reasons why ttdpatch is king over openttd.
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

If you would bother searching rather than complaining you would find out why it is currently impossible to add them.

The game has a set limit of track types that would currently require a lot of work to over come this. The patch merges monorails and maglevs so there is space to have another type of track, electric rails. This isn't an ideal sollution though as you can't have steam trains running on electric rails, and also a lot of people would prefer to keep monorails and maglevs rather than electric rails.

The patch the king over OTTD? RAOTFLMMFA. Yes the patch was good in its day, but I think its days are numbered now. OTTD has much more going for it in the long run.
MT3269
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MT3269 »

Steam trains run on electric rails believe me ,how do you think heritage railways run on today's intercity routes?!

I understand your argument but personally I'd rather see monorail go than electrified conventional railways. How many cities use monorails as a way of chauffering commuters?

And to be realistic ,typical electric trains can't go nowhere on their own power without overhead wires or a 3rd rail :P.
NCarlson
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NCarlson »

Actaully, in the latest versions of the patch electric and non electrified tracks can be connected and used by all types of trains (well, electrics can only run on elrail but you can actually put both types of engine in a train and the electric becomes dead wait when on non electified track). Didn't OTT up the track limit to 4? Anyway, I would suggest that electrified be implemented as soon as possible with the same set up as the patch (user selects what to merge into what) and a better solution be made when someone has a better idea.
MT3269
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MT3269 »

The next feature into openttd should be the ability to choose your own mapsize from 0 to 1024 (to start off with) so that the devs won't have to work on 2 projects.

This'l allow bigmaps to be scrapped which'l make the devs happy and new life for bigmaps which'l make the user happy :D .
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

I don't get any of the last bit. :roll:
NCarlson
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NCarlson »

If it was my post you didn't get, I was saying that in the latest versions of the Patch electric and non electric rail is compatible, no problems with connecting them and running steam or diesel on both types.
Raven
Director
Director

Post by Raven »

right, and electric railways are not just different graphics for monorrail (or maglev, whatever), they actually work like in reality! steamers can of course run under electrified tracks!
6th Member of the Reciox - The Inner Circle

pak96 Simutrans Depot
http://www.raven.simutrans.com
MYOB
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by MYOB »

Is moaning about electric rails really suitable for the development forum? Really, if you're going to fight, fight in General OTTD at the worst, please...
Thats not me in my avatar, because I haven't got one.....

Return to “OpenTTD Development”