bigermaps update `?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Ellrik117
Engineer
Engineer

bigermaps update `?

Post by Ellrik117 »

is a update in the works or is that project dead ?

Ellrik
adolph58
Engineer
Engineer

Post by adolph58 »

:(
I also want to know the answer...
I think Biggermaps is great, but I only got the version 3.1
Anybody has the latest one for OpenTTD nightly builds?
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

Would be nice if bigger maps could get official soon, but I guess it wont :cry: :wink:
exe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by exe »

adolph58 wrote::(
I also want to know the answer...
I think Biggermaps is great, but I only got the version 3.1
Anybody has the latest one for OpenTTD nightly builds?
I think I can do it but first i will finish manysignals patch(i hope today), its really needed with bigger maps.
MT3269
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MT3269 »

Bigmaps is like the best feature of openttd ,I wouldnt play it without it.

But not being able to change vehicle life ,or alotta the features of ttd patch is kinda disappointing.
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

There are a few features of the patch that I miss but the main ones I use are in the game. This also seems to have a much brighter future, for a start it is open source so basically anyone (who knows C) can make a patch for it.
adolph58
Engineer
Engineer

Post by adolph58 »

I think a new patch for biggermap is quite possible. :D :oops:
All the source codes (including nightly build) are available now, exe, maybe you could have a try.
"[newgrf]" is a must have feature, so that you could use new trains in the game. "Abandoned Roads" is another very useful feature (if it's available in OpenTTD)...
I just know how to replace graphs for building, don't know much about coding... :cry:
Here is one from Michael Blunck!

Edit: I believe MB hasn't released his building set yet. Please don't post his work in progress without getting prior consent from him. - Darkvater
MT3269
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MT3269 »

Can't wait til the patch comes out.

If I could get a little more educated on this patch biz then I'd do it myself.

How do you create new graphics and load them into openttd?
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

I am currently working on an good implementation of biggermaps (it even makes possible to pick your own mapsize (even very small ones, REALLY cool :p)), in the hope it will be implanted in OpenTTD itself. It is finished, but needs finalizing (mostly: making the savegame backwards compatible). Also, I am waiting for ludde what he thinks of it. So I hope that I can finish it pretty soon.

Also, the AI-bugs in biggermaps 0.3.1 (the AI was disabled because of it ;)) are solved.. it is cool to see an AI work over a 1024x1024 map ;)
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gurluas2000 »

wow... cant wait for that.
MT3269
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MT3269 »

TrueLight wrote:I am currently working on an good implementation of biggermaps (it even makes possible to pick your own mapsize (even very small ones, REALLY cool :p)), in the hope it will be implanted in OpenTTD itself. It is finished, but needs finalizing (mostly: making the savegame backwards compatible). Also, I am waiting for ludde what he thinks of it. So I hope that I can finish it pretty soon.

Also, the AI-bugs in biggermaps 0.3.1 (the AI was disabled because of it ;)) are solved.. it is cool to see an AI work over a 1024x1024 map ;)
Can I be the first to ask how long b4 it comes out?
exe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by exe »

TrueLight wrote:I am currently working on an good implementation of biggermaps (it even makes possible to pick your own mapsize (even very small ones, REALLY cool :p)), in the hope it will be implanted in OpenTTD itself. It is finished, but needs finalizing (mostly: making the savegame backwards compatible). Also, I am waiting for ludde what he thinks of it. So I hope that I can finish it pretty soon.

Thats great! So if its gonna come out within two weeks i see no use for making biggermaps from svn.
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

exe wrote:

Thats great! So if its gonna come out within two weeks i see no use for making biggermaps from svn.
Hold your horses, can't tell if the devs are going to accept it.. but Exe, come to IRC, so we can talk.. Darkvater told me you worked on it as well.. sharing experience is always a good thing :)
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Hehe, altering the AI took a lot of time, but it looks pretty cool now.. they almost look smart ;) Here some shots..

ps: I just pressed fast forward and watched the AI going ;)
Attachments
Look at the amount of vehicles..
Look at the amount of vehicles..
BigMap AI Trains.png (32.62 KiB) Viewed 6661 times
Here you can see how amazing good more then one AI is doing..
Here you can see how amazing good more then one AI is doing..
BigMap AI Overview.png (128.53 KiB) Viewed 889 times
A bigmap with multiple AI working their way.. looks pretty cool not?
A bigmap with multiple AI working their way.. looks pretty cool not?
BigMap AI Mapview.png (32.13 KiB) Viewed 6661 times
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

TrueLight wrote:Hehe, altering the AI took a lot of time, but it looks pretty cool now.. they almost look smart ;) Here some shots..

Truelight, have a talk with msalters, who is also working on AI. Might result in some interesting stuff :D http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Darkvater wrote:
TrueLight wrote:Hehe, altering the AI took a lot of time, but it looks pretty cool now.. they almost look smart ;) Here some shots..

Truelight, have a talk with msalters, who is also working on AI. Might result in some interesting stuff :D http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0
Hehe :) The only thing I did was fixing the bugs in the AI.. wrong algoritm for picking an industry or a city.. and stuff like that ;) What he is doing, that is amazing :)
Moriarty
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Moriarty »

*bawling* I want my new AI */bawling*

So when are us "mere-mortals" going to get this nice AI stuff to play with? :)
I'm bored with beating 'dumb AI' into submission. :twisted:
adolph58
Engineer
Engineer

Post by adolph58 »

TrueLight wrote:
Darkvater wrote:

Hehe :) The only thing I did was fixing the bugs in the AI.. wrong algoritm for picking an industry or a city.. and stuff like that ;) What he is doing, that is amazing :)
:D Great Work! TrueLight, what you have done so far is quite impressive! I can't wait anymore! :oops: Hope to see the first release very soon! :P
miargep142
Engineer
Engineer

Post by miargep142 »

@truelight: I applied your "TileIndex and SmallBugFixes (BigMap 1)" to the current SVN version under Linux.
When starting a new game, after some seconds (up to about 1 minute) of playing, the game aborts with:
ttd: station_cmd.c:478: GetAcceptanceAroundTiles: Assertion 'y1 < y2' failed.
Aborted
The Climate doesn't affect this. One time, a competitor built an aircraft, but aborted soon after. When applying only your AI-Fixes Patch ("BigMap 2"), it all
works fine.
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

miargep142 wrote:@truelight: I applied your "TileIndex and SmallBugFixes (BigMap 1)" to the current SVN version under Linux.
When starting a new game, after some seconds (up to about 1 minute) of playing, the game aborts with:
ttd: station_cmd.c:478: GetAcceptanceAroundTiles: Assertion 'y1 < y2' failed.
Aborted
The Climate doesn't affect this. One time, a competitor built an aircraft, but aborted soon after. When applying only your AI-Fixes Patch ("BigMap 2"), it all
works fine.
About that first problem.. I guess you mean line 378? Else check if you used a clean SVN before aplying the patch..
The main problem: I can not reproduce your problem. I myself am using Windows, 2 compilers, both no problem. Works like a beauty.. will look into it.. tnx for testing ;)

About that aircraft, you mean after patching? I did not touch aircraft control, so I guess it has always been there.. the AI needs some way of first checking it has the money to do stuff, before doing..

Return to “General OpenTTD”