Coding station graphics

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Raven
Director
Director

Post by Raven »

of course, it's yours...
edit: but i though about adding some more detail, like some scratch around the tile, or maybe a non-working signal on the other side, or some thing to make it interesting enough to get to code it
Attachments
chkpointstat A.png
chkpointstat A.png (1.13 KiB) Viewed 2823 times
6th Member of the Reciox - The Inner Circle

pak96 Simutrans Depot
http://www.raven.simutrans.com
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I'd say, maybe a bed of flowers around the signal-box, alongside the track? That was very common.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

astath wrote:since i was bored and my multiple-track-station wasn't working out, i decided to photoshop a station for ya, korenn. here it is, how it might look like. although remember: it IS photoshopped.
it looks strange... but not bad at all ;)
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

hmm, raven... pretty awesome. especially the small station thing.

meanwhile, i am trying co create cooler things. it's hard, you know. :wink:

korenn: yeah i know, it's not really what i wanted. i'm trying to improve skills now, maybe it'll work out in the future.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

i did this new one, it looks ok, i guess.

i'm still working on the color conversion, because it gets f*** up if you covert it just like this. but it looks pretty much ok.

now i have something: can somebody easily/quickly encode this for me, so i can see if/how it really works? that would improve the entire editing/drawing thing. so if you're interested, let me know, i'll send you the updated-color-version.

thanks in advance.
Attachments
It's a little grey. It's the GREYSTATION! Sony watch out!
It's a little grey. It's the GREYSTATION! Sony watch out!
new_grey_station01.png (7.31 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I can't encode. Raven can encode trains, but doesn't know how to encode stations, do you? I'm not sure who knows how to encode stations. I think I'd better find out. I'll post back here when I know.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

Wow, I really like the last station, and will encode it (YES I KNOW HOW :lol:)
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

Saskia wrote:Wow, I really like the last station, and will encode it (YES I KNOW HOW :lol:)
do you have some german informations how to code?
I'm trying to learn, but is's hard work to understand the english tutorials... :oops:
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

OK, Saskia, we've found someone who can code stations! Goody goody! Now we can get stations under way.
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

Yes bernhard, I send you an example the next days :)
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

D'y know, Saskia, you may wind up being the person who first publicly releases a new station (as opposed to a signal-tower).
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

saskia, you're a goddess. i've finished redrawing the new colors, so i'll send it to you as soon as possible. i also did some additional work for a multiple-track-station-version, with a top/roof on it, but i'm really curious if that'll work.

i'll post the first station thing a.s.a.p. and i'll add an alternate version (without the large steel fences) also a.s.a.p.

:wink: we're gonna do this, huh? :D

lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

additional: another station idea... something? comments please!
Attachments
low_station.png
low_station.png (10.04 KiB) Viewed 2603 times

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Honestly, I have a hard time evaluating the stations when you just post the sprites like that. I'd have to have a look at them in the game to really understand how they fit together. That's why I'm not commenting, not because I don't care. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see a screenie soon!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

astath wrote:additional: another station idea... something? comments please!
Looks really great but I think the scale is wrong. These platformcovers are way to big, compared with the trains, I think.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

you're right, purno... that was my thought as well, although i usually intend not to think aboot it because then i'll have to alter it again. but i will, now.

actually, i will not only lower them, but add different poles as well. they're a little thicker, but they have a great metal look.

krtaylor: how aboot i fix some screenies, sometime? maybe that'll clear some up. :) i have to find time, but they'll get here later on.

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

astath, how do these platform covers 'connect' with the station building?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

they don't. as said, i'm not a really good drawer, and i don't think ahead. that's why a hooded station is my biggest challenge.

anyhoo, without any further adoo, here's the latest version of the above discussed station, AND a screenie especially for krtaylor.

:wink:
Attachments
nofence_screenshot.jpg
nofence_screenshot.jpg (121.02 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
low_station.png
low_station.png (9.63 KiB) Viewed 2522 times

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I like the hedges. Actually, I wouldn't mind having hedges alongside the tracks instead of fences. That would be appropriate for the BRset. Of course, you'd need to have fences in the cities.
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

It's time! The first (pre)release of additional stations! :D

On the other picture you can see what I'm going to release next. Together with other cargo stations, of course :wink:
Attachments
Huge drive-in warehouses
Huge drive-in warehouses
Indpre.jpg (153.49 KiB) Viewed 2599 times
smallpstatsw.tar.gz
Small passenger stations
(2.93 KiB) Downloaded 283 times

Return to “Graphics Development”