Coding station graphics

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The image looks good, but the platforms are a bit empty. :?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

Yes, do you have an idea what I could place there? Boxes or forklifts or the such are impossible for me, at the moment, because that would need to add sprites to the station, and that's really complicated. Otherwise the forklifts or boxes would appear on every platform sprite :(
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

hey Saskia, that looks great!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Saskia wrote:Yes, do you have an idea what I could place there?
Well I added lights and signs and some shelters, but I forgot benches :?

Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

Did you mean the station in the package, or the preview of the industrial station(s)? For the passenger station, adding some items is no problem, of course :wink:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Saskia wrote:Did you mean the station in the package, or the preview of the industrial station(s)? For the passenger station, adding some items is no problem, of course :wink:
Ow that's a industrial station in that image :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You could draw some crates for industrial platforms maybe. :?

BTW: The image in your sig contains some of my graphics if I see correctly. Is this a photoshop image or did you actually got those working in TTD???
Image Image
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

Station: see above, the crates would be on every platform sprite :(

Sig: yes, that's your BR 614 and some modified cars :) But it's only a PhotoShopped (correct: GIMPed) image at the moment. After I know how to encode stations, I hope to make a TR replacement for the default monorails/maglevs soon. After that, I challenge myself with our DB and Eurocargo sets :o
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

And they work in the game, like the signal towers do? Cool!
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

that industrial station is great!

is there a tutorial somewhere on how to code stations? I want to make one myself now :D
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

I wish there was a way download someones skills to your brains..would be much faster and less painless try to learn and fail..
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Well, these things do have to evolve over time. Hopefully someday the Station Creator tool will be finished, along with the GRF Creator.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

there is glitch with 2x1 stations (red blinking)
Attachments
SCR1.png
SCR1.png (91.1 KiB) Viewed 3624 times
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Colonel Sheperd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Colonel Sheperd »

How do i open a .tar.gz file??
WinRAR doesn't want to coöperate :cry: :( :?
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

don't download it ... only click it and instead of download select open, then it will open (then open .gz, then will be file without extension but it also can be opened with WinRAR) :lol:
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

i'm gonna try out this first a.s.a.p.

next: now that we have the technology, let's make tons of stations. the more we make, the more good ones there will be in the end. i have some ideas for new ones, a couple of industrial ones specifically for certain industries. anyone accusing me of stealing m. blunck's idea, hit me!
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Colonel Sheperd
Tycoon
Tycoon

SHADOW-XIII wrote:don't download it ... only click it and instead of download select open, then it will open (then open .gz, then will be file without extension but it also can be opened with WinRAR) :lol:
Thanks Shadow
[Off-Topic]
astath wrote:hit me!
Trows 2 rotten banana's at astath head :lol:
[/Off-Topic]
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

What the heck is this file anyway? I unzipped it, and you get a file with no extension. It isn't a GRF file, I renamed it to .grf and tried it in the game, and it crashed.
Colonel Sheperd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Click on the download dialog "open", then open the tar fileinside with winzip, then get in the folder inside (the nameless file, just double click on it) then extract the stuff.
[EDIT]For people that have trouble with this file here is it zipped[/EDIT]
Attachments
StationsbySaskia.zip
(2.96 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

krtaylor wrote:What the heck is this file anyway? I unzipped it, and you get a file with no extension. It isn't a GRF file, I renamed it to .grf and tried it in the game, and it crashed.
it's another compressed file...
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Oh. Talk about recursive subdirectories.

Return to “Graphics Development”