Zimmlocks creations develoment thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Shindler
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shindler »

Will TTRSv3 work with purno new bridges in the future? Maybe a 3.1 version?
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

You can't combine Zimmlock's roads with someone else's bridges easily. Basically, you have two choices: either use Zimmlock's roads and bridges (3.1 will have all default bridges with Zimmlock's roads), or disable the roads/bridges of TTRS altogether and use some other road/bridge set.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
Dave

Post by Dave »

Csaboka wrote:You can't combine Zimmlock's roads with someone else's bridges easily. Basically, you have two choices: either use Zimmlock's roads and bridges (3.1 will have all default bridges with Zimmlock's roads), or disable the roads/bridges of TTRS altogether and use some other road/bridge set.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just make it compatible with Pikka's viaduct... Even if it's just that.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Dave Worley wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just make it compatible with Pikka's viaduct... Even if it's just that.
I guess it time to ask the users what bridges they would like to see emerge with the ttrs roads.
So wich bridges would you like to see with the ttrs roadsets?
(6 bridges maximal to replace the 6 original ttd bridges, wood,concrete,suspention,girdersteel,cantilever and tubilar bridge. The steel girder bridge is allready as townbridge in ttrs)
Please show a screenie with bridge (es) you request.

And for the bridge artists, can i use your bridges in ttrs?
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Dave

Post by Dave »

PLEASE Pikka - let Zimmlock modify it :D :D PLEASE!

In it's usual form, the viaduct replaces the wooden bridge.
Attachments
pikkaviaduct.PNG
pikkaviaduct.PNG (128.34 KiB) Viewed 2261 times

Flickr

Shindler
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shindler »

I think that Purno New Bridges set is perfect for this... and if Purno will agree to marge them into the TTRSv3 you don't need to draw any.

Here is a screenshot with extra:
Pikka Viaduct (Number 1)
Oskar's Bridge (the last one)

I especially like:
numbers 4-6... here's the screenshot of those birdges (I've build only those that other than orginal TTD)
Attachments
SCR11.jpg
SCR11.jpg (306.42 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

IIRC, Hyronymus's combined roadset, which also includes my bridges, is coded in a way new roads can be supported easily, tho Lakie or Szappy will probably know more about this. AFAIK, all that has to be done is adjusting the sprites which contain a roaddeck.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

There've long been plans floating around for a rewrite of the bridge drawing code. Any news on that?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Psistorm
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Psistorm »

Id second that idea :) - these bridges would go quite well with the TTRS3 look IMO - the brick viaduct looks especially good in the early stages, whilst the other bridges support the european look of the set
Dave

Post by Dave »

Psistorm wrote:Id second that idea :) - these bridges would go quite well with the TTRS3 look IMO - the brick viaduct looks especially good in the early stages, whilst the other bridges support the european look of the set
The brick viaduct isn't part of the Combined Roadset is it?

Flickr

Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Purno wrote: AFAIK, all that has to be done is adjusting the sprites which contain a roaddeck.
Thats correct, just copy your bridges to my road-sets and ajust the deck.
thats exactly what i was (am) planing to do, i have spoted some nice bridges, ll make some variation between the "Old" and "New" roads-set,
Pikka's brick bridge fits nicely to the old roads.
However if you want the combinedroadset or other bridges atm in your game you can use the apropriate grf beside ttrs, only thing is that the roads are different.

But what krtaylor said: "There've long been plans floating around for a rewrite of the bridge drawing code. Any news on that? "
Is a point of investication, atm its impossibe to use variouse roadsets mixed without having incorrect road decks.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Hello I still work on frameworks and apis for newobjects, then they will be reused for rails and roads... (at least thats my current plan)
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Dave Worley wrote:
Psistorm wrote:Id second that idea :) - these bridges would go quite well with the TTRS3 look IMO - the brick viaduct looks especially good in the early stages, whilst the other bridges support the european look of the set
The brick viaduct isn't part of the Combined Roadset is it?
I believe it is, via a parameter switch.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Shindler
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shindler »

I've noticed and interesting "glitch" or how do you call it. Download the attachment and look at the Modern Officeblock's on screenshoots.... they top floors are fadeing in and out durning the game... only in this one city... maybe it's caused by land height (max 13)??
Attachments
glitch.zip
A demonstartion 12-15.pcx to see the full process
(967.14 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Yes, this happens when tall buildings are placed on a tall elevation. Notice how planes fly just above the tree tops when on height 13. ;)
Shindler
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shindler »

So maybe tall building should be disabled above some specifide height? Has any body seen a "tower block 20 floors" in mountains?
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Shindler wrote:So maybe tall building should be disabled above some specifide height? Has any body seen a "tower block 20 floors" in mountains?
:D not yet, but as the world population keeps growing the same rate it did the last 60 years, i guess we just have to wait and highrise buildings ll emerge at the the most unimaginal places.

But i think its a good idea to see if a restriction can be build in for the talles buildings to be build at lower levels only, have to ask Csaboka.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

I have found some of the cathedrals and statues very annoying, but I just can't get rid of them. I understand the reason why this function was implemented but I would enjoy the game much more when able to delete them, if I needed. Would it be possile to add a parameter that woult allow demolition of the cathedral and the statues?
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

Now that you mention it, it seems George went too far by setting the removal rating decrease to the maximum for his statues. He basically prevented human players from removing them, I'll fix this in 3.01 by decreasing their removal ratings.

Cathedrals, on the other hand, are removable, you just need a very good LA rating to do that. You can't expect a town to allow easy demolition of a building many hundred years old, especially that there are only three of them in the whole map :)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Csaboka wrote:Cathedrals, ... , especially that there are only three of them in the whole map :)
I was not aware that this limit was hard coded. Are there limits placed on any of the other buildings, and if so, which and what?
This would be good to know for those of us that design towns as planned communities into their scenarios

Return to “Graphics Development”