Zimmlocks creations develoment thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

or make it detect if her trees are loaded and use them instead :?:
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

I highly suggest, from a coders point of view, ignoring the existance of SAC's trees. The current .grf has a grfid randomly picked from my range (initials 'RE'), is a very quickly made testing .grf, and in no real way represents the finished product. It's a taster .grf, a teaser. It's not a finished product. It's still got my joke in the .grf description that I always put in .grfs that contain graphics that are not 'released' that I code for my own uses.

Nobody really knows how the trees are going to end up being implemented apart from SAC, I have a few ideas myself, but it depends on what direction she decides to take with things.

So I think you can all just sit down and take it easy on this subject, atleast until a proper product is released.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Pug
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pug »

Something I noticed which I think is going to disappoint some people. I think I found a bug in the new bridges, look for yourself:
Attachments
see-through bridges?
see-through bridges?
bug.png (20.08 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Someone bombed the bridges!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

It is a known fact that the roads in TTRS3 are not compatible with bridge sets, such as Pikka's Bridge.
(The one you are using)...

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Pug
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pug »

My bad then. I thought that was fixed with version 3.01. But I read through the fixes again and noticed it was only original TTD bridges. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Update 3.01 came a little more quikly then i had expected, i had only the original ttd bridges finished, so they were included.
The good news is that i am bussy with a additional bridge set, it ll include Pikka's brick bridge and a few unreleased bridges of Purno and a bridge from the Combined road set.
Monorail and Maglev crossings snow and non snow versions.
Then i wanted to add narrowgauge crossings to, but unfortunatly this ll not happen because the game cant detect if a normal or narrowgauge rail tile is used, so for the narrowgauge users, you have to keep using tunnels and bridges.
The additionla bridges are verry wanted so when i have finished drawing and Csaboka coding a new update ll be done (3.02).
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Zimmlock wrote:it ll include Pikka's brick bridge and a few unreleased bridges of Purno and a bridge from the Combined road set.
Oh gosh, forgot about that. You still want me to select a few of my bridges? :oops:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

hey, Zimmlock, what are your plans for the future? Heading towards TTRSv4?
RSpeed tycoonfreak
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RSpeed tycoonfreak »

I have a small problem with ttrs 3.01. in openttd.
I'm in 1960 and the new roads appear this is my new grf:

[newgrf]
ttrs3w.grf = 0 0 0 1
4LV.grf
ae_cityw.GRF
canstnw_448_930.grf
newwaterw_412.grf
harbourw_456.grf
newstatsw.grf
stolentreesw_162_108.grf
infra_landscapew.grf
fakeapNTtest.grf
Tilesw.grf
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (243.67 KiB) Viewed 384 times
Visit The Fake Airport Website
Hobbys: being 18 years old, soccer, go karting, and transport tycoon.
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

OpenTTD is still some what rebellious as it runs TTRS, the "new-roads" are not allowed to appear befor 1970.
Same with the image below, this game is still in the 20-50 era but the modern hospital that has to appear at 1990! is allready around.
This is a coders issue and there for cant give a answer, but Csaboka will.
Attachments
screenshot_08_806.png
screenshot_08_806.png (55.29 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Maedhros
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Maedhros »

OpenTTD's newhouses support isn't complete yet, so you should assume that any bugs you find with house sets are bugs in OpenTTD, and please report them in this topic. We're still working on it though, and we hope to be able to be able to finish it off sooner rather than later. :)
No-one's more important than the earthworm.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

I'm using the combined roadset so you don't have to worry about roads or bridges in my screenshots (I can tell it's mine ;) ). And there are indeed loads of issues with TTRSv3 and OpenTTD.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Hey Zimmlock!
Weirdy wrote: Merry Christmas
Last known as: Weirdy
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Guys, please if you use TTRSv3 in OpenTTD, don't bug Csaboka or Zimmlock about it, as it is not something they can fix (unless they start coding OpenTTD of course).

Do report these bugs to the appropiate topic, here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=28797
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Indeed, don't report bugs to a newgrf coder if it only exhibits in OpenTTD, in almost every case it's a bug in OpenTTD, not the .grf set.

Now if the same bug happens in TTDPatch AND OTTD, go your hardest, but try to provide something useful to work with.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Colonel32 wrote:hey, Zimmlock, what are your plans for the future? Heading towards TTRSv4?
Merry X-mas to all

Atm there are no plans for a v4 version, at first i want to complete ttrs3, have 10 buildings that need construction sites, make it suitable for the arctic and tropical climate, add some more bridges to the roadsets.

Then i am working on a TIRS+ (Total Industry Replacement Set) as the name says to replace all industry, the + is for a additional type of production chain.

So loads of work to do :wink:
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

And that TIRS+ is going to be very interesting to follow! I believe it'll be your best work ever! :P Soo looking forward to it as our industries really needs a mock-up!

Merry Christmas Zimm! :D
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Currently TTRS3 crashes a saved game if loaded into it. (TTDP cuts out) is ther a way to get this to appear in saved games without killing my game? using Nightly r1287
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Zimmlock. I love the set, fantastic artwork and coding. This has set a benchmark for all future building sets that will not be easy to surpass. Great work.

One small request, though. The default TTD heli-port looks like murder when used with TTRS. Is there any chance you could retro-fit one of your towers into a heli-port so that it blends in with the rest of the buildings in town? (I play with no default buildings; there is nothing to mitigate the heli-port.) Thanks, and happy holidays! :D

Return to “Graphics Development”