[WIP] INFRA by SAC

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: [WIP] INFRA by SAC

Post by kamnet »

SAC wrote::))

Great!

Let's continue this discussion in about a month or so then, and we'll see where to go from there... - although I'm not sure about the general interest in INFRA anymore... possibly because it has taken a lot of time to work with, but people need to understand that working on something that has continued to grow all the time - and working alone - DO take time... 'cause it's not like I have a real life to attend to, right? :rolleyes:
With all the work that you have shown, I think that there is quite a bit of interest in INFRA still today. You have more than enough sprites I think to create a town replacement (especially with the skyscrapers and office buildings), industry (all the tourist attractions) as well as NewObjects eyecandy.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Finally got around to upload the new tree graphics, well the old one of course but with snowy versions of the trees by George included. Sorry for the delay! :tongue:

On another note, I have the original version of this tree.grf still available on BaNaNaS, but it says it has been downloaded more than 63000 times!!! That can't surely be correct?
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Why wouldn't that be correct? Mind you, many people probably just download "everything".
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Yeah, but still... ?( I wonder how many people play TTDLX and also using custom content, but prefer not be part of the TTDLX community...

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

SAC wrote:Yeah, but still... ?( I wonder how many people play TTDLX and also using custom content, but prefer not be part of the TTDLX community...
Really a lot. Last month I uploaded the Dutch Trainset v1, which was already downloaded from our website many, many times. And now look, another 5.398 downloads.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

SAC wrote:Yeah, but still... ?( I wonder how many people play TTDLX and also using custom content, but prefer not be part of the TTDLX community...
Lots. After all it's "just" a game like man others. They might get it via cover DVDs, their package mangers or just linked somewhere. They install it. maybe grab a bit download content,... I'm also not (active) part of every community of every game I ever played or even play.

The personal, but I think quite conservative, guestimate of mine is that 50% might be caused by double downloads, thus the same people (re-)installing the game and re-downloading stuff. Maybe 10% of the people then actually really use the grfs as they download everything, thus the major share might just have it on the disk. But that still leaves 60k * 50% * 10% = 3000 real users.

Assume that 0,1% of the non-formu users give feedback, you might get that from 3 (additional) persons ;-) - though they then will have registered at the forums, too - thus it's hard to decide :-D
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Hyronymus wrote:Really a lot. Last month I uploaded the Dutch Trainset v1, which was already downloaded from our website many, many times. And now look, another 5.398 downloads.
planetmaker wrote: Lots. After all it's "just" a game like man others. They might get it via cover DVDs, their package mangers or just linked somewhere. They install it. maybe grab a bit download content,... I'm also not (active) part of every community of every game I ever played or even play.-D
It's rather amazing after all these years ever since TTDLX saw the light of the day, and I can imagine that lots of people tend to return to these "old" 2D-games after getting tired of playing 3D-games and the sort - and perhaps for the sake of nostalgica. Simplicity as in the case with games like TTDLX still offers a bit of a challenge on many levels... :))

And I agree, I also spend time at other game communities, but more often stay in the hall ways... :mrgreen:

Oh well, if only we could attract a few percent of them all - some of them with both coding and graphics skills... The thought is rather thrilling... :tongue:

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

SAC wrote:On another note, I have the original version of this tree.grf still available on BaNaNaS, but it says it has been downloaded more than 63000 times!!! That can't surely be correct?
Aye, and these are just silly trees. Imagine how many downloads INFRA would get :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Purno wrote:
SAC wrote:On another note, I have the original version of this tree.grf still available on BaNaNaS, but it says it has been downloaded more than 63000 times!!! That can't surely be correct?
Aye, and these are just silly trees. Imagine how many downloads INFRA would get :mrgreen:
Which is exactly why I would love to help you out :) I am certain INFRA object or town grfs would get a huge number of downloads - you have so many great designs people would love to play with them.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

How about an Infra taster or Infra lite? It's clearly a huge vision you have and high standards. But how about releasing some of what's done, with the clear caveat that it's only a taster.

The upside: you'd get a *lot* of downloads for this :)

The downside: you'd have to deal with player feedback. Which is great and needed, and can be rewarding, but also frustrating :shock:
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

andythenorth wrote:How about an Infra taster or Infra lite? It's clearly a huge vision you have and high standards. But how about releasing some of what's done, with the clear caveat that it's only a taster.
In fact, the initial idea is to release a "taster" in the near future as most of the stuff I have needs to be supplemented with both construction stages and snowy versions... I imagine that the "taster" I have in mind will initially consist of NewObjects only... :))

And on top of that I'm working on perhaps even more stuff now than before. Placeholders in my game in the shape of SC3KU/WE buildings are about to be replaced with my own stuff, further more I have tons of new ideas as a result of NewObject changes recently. The upside is that I'm able to produce between 1 to 10 new structures, (depending on sizes), on a daily basis, both as a result of my ever so growing "scrap book" filled with INFRA-parts, unfinished INFRA-work and a lot more. :tongue:

habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

SAC wrote:Finally got around to upload the new tree graphics, well the old one of course but with snowy versions of the trees by George included. Sorry for the delay! :tongue:
Where can they be found? Simuscape is off-line for quite some time now.

Thanks.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

habell wrote:
SAC wrote:Finally got around to upload the new tree graphics, well the old one of course but with snowy versions of the trees by George included. Sorry for the delay! :tongue:
Where can they be found? Simuscape is off-line for quite some time now.

Thanks.
You find the updated version in the ingame content download or on http://bananas.openttd.org/en/newgrf/ as "TestTrees"
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Need some help - or rather opinions...

I made a new version of the Theme Park showcased earlier, but I'm having some problems which one to chose! The 1st one is a roller coaster in brown, and the 2nd one in white. I'd appreciate if you could give me a hint of which one to go with - and no, I'm not going to include both...

On top of that, I found a different use for a station building as I kind of like it as a Theme Park Entrance, rather than a station. Does anyone know who made the station building in the first place?

Thanks in advance... :))

buckethead
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by buckethead »

God you are gifted!

Oh gosh, both beautiful.. White one maybe, it would be easier to notice.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

SAC wrote:Need some help - or rather opinions...

I made a new version of the Theme Park showcased earlier, but I'm having some problems which one to chose!
Why choose when you can have both, the game giving you randomly one or the other upon construction?
Igor_Lucas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Igor_Lucas »

perfect :bow: :bow: :bow:
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

White roller coaster looks lots better. Reminds me of the American Eagle coaster as Six Flags Great America, about 5 miles from my place.
Without Trains America Stops

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

SAC wrote:I made a new version of the Theme Park showcased earlier, but I'm having some problems which one to chose! The 1st one is a roller coaster in brown, and the 2nd one in white. I'd appreciate if you could give me a hint of which one to go with
Brown is better
Image Image Image Image
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

White I think :)

Return to “Graphics Development”