[WIP] INFRA by SAC

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

unfortunately you can't change size of buildings (in tiles) .. 1-square-building will always use 1-square
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
TT Junkie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TT Junkie »

It's a stupid question ;) but anyway, will there be in the near future a grf-file with ur Lightrail system?
Sorry if u can't understand my english
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:unfortunately you can't change size of buildings (in tiles) .. 1-square-building will always use 1-square
Okey! Thanks for answering! :D

I've changed the new bridge sligthly and added street lights. Most bridges where I come from do have lights - even if they're built in the middle of nowhere! So, what do you think? The lightrail bridge, (on top), and the road bridge have street lights on both sides, while the rail bridge only has it on one side. Should I change anything? Image below;
TT Junkie wrote:It's a stupid question ;) but anyway, will there be in the near future a grf-file with ur Lightrail system?
Sure! Either if I find a way to code it myself - or if I find someone who can help me do it :D
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
TT Junkie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TT Junkie »

No don't change it's okay so I think :D
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Sac just find the spritenumbers for maglev in ttd's grf files(decode with grfcodec + grfwizard), then replace them with your graphics, and make a grf or exe.. :D
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Sac thats very impresive work you have done :shock:

[OT]As i see you like my newtileset 8) [/OT]
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Akalamanaia wrote:Sac just find the spritenumbers for maglev in ttd's grf files(decode with grfcodec + grfwizard), then replace them with your graphics, and make a grf or exe.. :D
Well, I need to change more than just the maglev part since parts of the bridges DO affect also the roads and rails that uses the same bridge. Anyway, I'll try and see if I can come up with something. Mind you though, I'm going away on a few days work early tomorrow morning so I won't probably have anything ready until this coming weekend!
Killer11 wrote:Sac thats very impresive work you have done

[OT]As i see you like my newtileset [/OT]
Yes, I use them since they're gridless - which I want - and yours are great. But I'm still waiting for the parts that includes also the tiles that have contact with water - along with the stones :P

UPDATED POST;

If I want to make buildings appear with random colors, which color of the palette should be used? Or is it a coding issue?
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

Can i make a steam tram for u?
BTW: the tram tracks look strang with the grass thingy under it, try putting pavements under it
But anyway it's really good!
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

To use the random colours, use the company blues. 198 to 205 i think. But it doesn't work on all sprites.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

SAC wrote:I've changed the new bridge sligthly and added street lights. Most bridges where I come from do have lights - even if they're built in the middle of nowhere! So, what do you think? The lightrail bridge, (on top), and the road bridge have street lights on both sides, while the rail bridge only has it on one side. Should I change anything?
Yes, change it back :). I liked the previous version a lot better without lights.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

The lightrail idea is cool, also it's graphics :D

Some suggestions:
- The bridges could have the streetlights on the same sprite as the street tiles, because a rail bridge has none :wink:
- Replace the railway crossing of the lightrail with a simple traffic light.
- The tunnel entraces should look very "urban", with no real tunnel portal.
- Leave the depot the same, the roof is good :wink:
- The stations should have a cute waiting house [Wartehäuschen] :)
TT Junkie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TT Junkie »

@Saskia
the Idea withe the "wartehäuschen" is good!
@Topic
The tunnel entrances should have less grass and less stones but more beton(Is this word in english existent?)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

@Topic
The tunnel entrances should have less grass and less stones but more beton(Is this word in english existent?)
You mean concrete :wink: .
TT Junkie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TT Junkie »

hmmm...really?....ugly I had 3 years school english...for nth?
pETe!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pETe! »

TT Junkie wrote:hmmm...really?....ugly I had 3 years school english...for nth?
I had 6 yeras school englisch.
For more than nothing :(

Well, i would be nice if we can get your graphics.
I prefer don't building Lamps on bridges.

If you build a bridge in the middle of nowhere it looks no so good...
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Any possibility of releasing the G-rated bus set? Please please please...
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Thade
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Thade »

BUMP! Any news on your awesome enhancements SAC?
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Sorry for not replying to everything, but I've been away a couple of days on work, so...
Singaporekid_92 wrote:Can i make a steam tram for u?
BTW: the tram tracks look strang with the grass thingy under it, try putting pavements under it
But anyway it's really good!
A steam tram? What's that? I've read somewhere that they went from horses to electricity - well, basically :P

The grass under the tracks are due to some circumstances I can't do anything about. The ideal situation would have been if we could have implemented the lightrail with ordinary city roads, but that's not possible - or at least not in a functional way. So, the best I could do was to put grass under them instead. Gothenburg in Sweden, the city with the largest lightrail system in Sweden doesn't always have its tracks placed on ordinary roads, but often running in between roads where the tracks have grass under them. So, it's not an unrealistic theme after all. Besides, I also thought the grass would be great to somewhat visualize the difference between railroad and lightrail :D Still, that doesn't mean I can try to improve them with, let's say, pavements :P
Steve wrote:To use the random colours, use the company blues. 198 to 205 i think. But it doesn't work on all sprites.
Thanks! I'll try it! :)
Darkvater wrote:Yes, change it back . I liked the previous version a lot better without lights.
Hmm, maybe two styles then; one with street lights and one without - depending on personal choices?
Saskia wrote:Some suggestions:
- The bridges could have the streetlights on the same sprite as the street tiles, because a rail bridge has none
- Replace the railway crossing of the lightrail with a simple traffic light.
- The tunnel entraces should look very "urban", with no real tunnel portal.
- Leave the depot the same, the roof is good
- The stations should have a cute waiting house [Wartehäuschen]
Good idea about having the streetlights on the same sprite! I'll use that! :D I also like the idea with a traffic light! Will implement that as well! As for the tunnel portal, aiming for "real-life" things I've seen! Still, that doesn't mean I can't look into it further! And I will make realistic stops for the trams too :D but I'll make some slight changes to the depots.
TT Junkie wrote:The tunnel entrances should have less grass and less stones but more beton(Is this word in english existent?)
Less grass, well, all tunnels in this game's temperate climate are based on grassy hills, so it's not much I can do about it. But using a concrete stylished tunnel is a good idea though :P

And to answer some mutual questions;

I still need to learn how to code all this! I can't do that yet, so you'll have to wait a bit longer! As soon as I've figured it out I'll be able to release everything!

Too bad there isn't a very informative tutorial for coding a building, a train, a bus or something else available. The only good tutorial - but still very confusing - is for trains! So, in other words, hang in there! I'll do my best to figure this out :D
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Well, this mean more questions?

Hopefully.

:P
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Lakie wrote:Well, this mean more questions?

Hopefully.

:P
So, are you ready? :D

Return to “Graphics Development”