[WIP] INFRA by SAC

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

SAC wrote:...
The current situation as far as all the planned INFRA-sets are as follows;

¤ INFRA-Structure

New roads and rails which includes new tunnels, new bridges - among other things. Some changes are still required before this set can be handed over to a coder.
Regarding these railway tunnels. would it be possible to make them supportive for the "enhanced" tunnels feature, which allows to build railway tracks on top of them.
This would require something like moving the portal forward towards the other side of the tile. Obviously that will lead to certain difficulties creating the optical illusion.
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Actually, there aren't any "new" railroad tunnels included in the set. Only for the road network. The tunnel I'm using in my game is from the Czech Road set, or more specifically; a separate tunnel .grf. :P

Anyway, the railroad part of the set mainly includes new bridges and a different foundation which is also adapted to all original in-game bridges and tunnels. Still, nothing prevents me from making a completely new tunnel for the raiload set - which support the "enhanced tunnel" features of the patch! But at the moment I've had the bad taste of throwing myself into way to much different projects, and I need to complete at least a few of them before taking another task! :P
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Psistorm
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Psistorm »

SAC wrote: Well, the only INFRA-stuff that has been released so far is the tiny little INFRA-Landscape set, and that one only contains replacements for the lighthouse and the transmission tower. And that set has been confirmed - as you state, to be compatible with OTTD.

Roads and whatever has been shown in screenies within this thread have not been released yet. The current situation as far as all the planned INFRA-sets are as follows;
ahh, I mustve misread it then, my bad. I will check these then :) - I erroneously assumed the road sprites were also included in this set. clearly, reading IS an advantage ;)
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Trying out a possible new replacement for the road tunnel. I already have a replacement for inclusion in the upcoming road set, but I figured some alternatives wouldn't be wrong! :P

Anyway, should I stick with the previous one, or should I replace it with the one below?
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 09:48, edited 1 time in total.

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I think I'd vote for the old one, tho the new one is good too.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

I think it looks brilliant. Though, it would be great if we could choose what type of road tunnel to use, like we do stations. So we could use that type of road tunnel for main roads and the default ttd style tunnel for quiet roads..maybe.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I like the new one... It's a lot more realistic compared to the old road tunnel.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Dave Worley wrote:I like the new one... It's a lot more realistic compared to the old road tunnel.
Eh... what was unrealistic about SAC's previous tunnel?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Well, it would certainly be cool if we had the option to choose between different styles of tunnels, (as we do with bridges), but as we can't it's even more difficult to pick one tunnel and one tunnel only! :cry:

I have a hard time myself to decide whether this latest one is better then the previous! :roll: Is it the stone/concrete filling the entire tile that is a problem? Should I try to add some grass at the borders?

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

SAC wrote:Well, it would certainly be cool if we had the option to choose between different styles of tunnels, (as we do with bridges), but as we can't it's even more difficult to pick one tunnel and one tunnel only! :cry:
You could use a parameter to let the player decide what tunnel he wants to use, while he still can choose between both of them (tho, he can only use 1 type in the game at a time).
I have a hard time myself to decide whether this latest one is better then the previous! :roll: Is it the stone/concrete filling the entire tile that is a problem? Should I try to add some grass at the borders?
I don't like the stone/concrete part fitting in the landscape. It fits ok in cities tho.
Image Image
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Purno wrote:You could use a parameter to let the player decide what tunnel he wants to use, while he still can choose between both of them (tho, he can only use 1 type in the game at a time).
Yeah, I know! It's just that it would have been a lot more fun to at least have a choice of one particular tunnel design for town roads, and another one for countryside roads!
I don't like the stone/concrete part fitting in the landscape. It fits ok in cities tho.
I can agree! I can be too much! :P

AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

IMO your old one looks better.

Also, I think you have placed the opening too far away on the tile, you will probably see the cars disappear in thin air before they have entered the new tunnel.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sorry... I misunderstood. I meant it was better than the original TTD tunnel.

I have no preference between your new ones.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
RSpeed tycoonfreak
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RSpeed tycoonfreak »

I will definetly chosee for the new one but with more grass on de eges of the concrete titles
Visit The Fake Airport Website
Hobbys: being 18 years old, soccer, go karting, and transport tycoon.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

AndersI wrote:IMO your old one looks better.

Also, I think you have placed the opening too far away on the tile, you will probably see the cars disappear in thin air before they have entered the new tunnel.
Yeah, that's the downside! Still, I prefer to have the tunnels more conformed with the terrain, and I personally don't have a problem with road vehicles disappearing for a short moment! I have this problem with the previous tunnel as well!

But...as most people won't agree with me and most likely require tunnels that doesn't cause these kind of issues to appear, I assume I find myself having to re-draw the entire thing! :?

Anyway, not sure if adding grass made it look better! Image

It may work as a single tunnel, but for a highway purpose with two tunnels side by side, I'd say it doesn't look good! It doesn't look good at all!
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 09:49, edited 1 time in total.

CPCNMAN007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by CPCNMAN007 »

Very nice cool your set SAC. When it will ready your set?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

CPCNMAN007 wrote:Very nice cool your set SAC. When it will ready your set?
That's a good question! At the moment I have lots of time on my hands and can spend equal time doing TTD stuff, but my biggest problem is that I tend to jump here and there doing a little bit here and a little bit there.

Hopefully the wait won't be that long though!

Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

Looking good as allways SAC!

Can't wait to see your "soon to be" grf's :D
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Thanks! :P

Jezulkim
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Jezulkim »

Do I see new type of tree in that screenshot? Or are my eyes failing again?

:D
In order to protect the visitors of this site,
TTO Full Conversion!
This post has been lol 1337 times.

Return to “Graphics Development”