[WIP] INFRA by SAC

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Oh, with sprite sizes, don't be afraid to make them bigger than the default TTD trees. One thing I learnt with the Japanset is that trees that reach out past the tile it's planted in don't have hideous results with clipping (they look incredibly cool, in my oppinion), so if you want to experiment with it, by all means go for it :).

Apart from that, it's looking amazing :D. What a result changing the trees alone makes to the game :).
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Aegir wrote:Oh, with sprite sizes, don't be afraid to make them bigger than the default TTD trees.

I already done that. Both the lighter green and the darker green trees uses a larger sprite size than the defaults. My "trg1r" looks quite funny by now! :P

Anyway, the result is that these new trees fill out the tile much better, and forests looks more like forests!
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

SAC wrote:Yet another "INFRA-Landscape" update, this time with less "dark" trees. Still some work to be done, but it's progressive after all! :P

Also, one of the trees, the tall one, doesn't fit the concept! I'm aware of it and will have it replaced with something different! 8)
wh00w :shock: that is just an awesome picture, just awesome!
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Yet another update! I'm still not sure about the dark green one though! I think I preferred the one in the second shot really! :?
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 09:49, edited 1 time in total.

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice work. I hope to see some /\ shaped trees too (dunno the name), instead of only ( ) shaped trees. If you get what I mean :tongue:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Purno wrote:Nice work. I hope to see some /\ shaped trees too (dunno the name), instead of only ( ) shaped trees. If you get what I mean :tongue:
Most trees shaped /\ are coniferous trees.

Most trees (though this is less strict as a rule) shaped ( ) are deciduous.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Lovin' them trees. Lovin' the whole thread infact. This is some bloody brilliant work.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

Those tunnels are interesting..
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
BlasterTransport
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BlasterTransport »

whoa those trees look painted! Not drawn on a computer!
OT: whats this abput cookies? can only non newbies give em?
If not, *gives SAC 10 dump trucks full of cookies*
purely OpenTTD
Pug
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pug »

I think I prefer these trees over the ones in the second screen shot. But in the end, it's your set and I'll be happy with anything. :wink:

And I do like that construction site, is that an example of things yet to come?
mrMann
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mrMann »

Has anyone released those bus stations yet? I'm too lazy to scroll through 26 pages :P
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Purno wrote:Nice work. I hope to see some / shaped trees too (dunno the name), instead of only ( ) shaped trees. If you get what I mean :tongue:
Look closely hon, look closely! :P
Pug wrote: And I do like that construction site, is that an example of things yet to come?
Nope, that would be the site of the prison I believe! :P
mrMann wrote:Has anyone released those bus stations yet? I'm too lazy to scroll through 26 pages :P
Which bus stations? Or do you mean the Bus Depot? If so, no, not yet! I intend to release as part of an industrial set, requiring fuel and oil! :P Well, that's "one" of the ideas! 8)

And thanks for all the comments all of you! :P

I have worked a bit more on the landscape and believe I've found a descent balance between different trees and different colored trees. Here's a town screenie;

...and some countryside screenies;

...and finally an "helicopter shot";

...and as can tell I'm testing some new landscape tiles, (ground tiles), as well! :P

On another note, I've recieved permission also from Zimmlock which means that there aren't any limits as far as a future release of the INFRA-Euro set regards! :P That is, until I've added all construction stages, so it'll be awhile before you can enjoy it. But it's at least yet another step forward.
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 09:50, edited 1 time in total.

Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Screens look good as usual :P
SAC wrote:
mrMann wrote:Has anyone released those bus stations yet? I'm too lazy to scroll through 26 pages :P
Which bus stations? Or do you mean the Bus Depot? If so, no, not yet! I intend to release as part of an industrial set, requiring fuel and oil! :P Well, that's "one" of the ideas! 8)
Didn't you mention it also might be coded as stationparts?
SAC wrote:On another note, I've recieved permission also from Zimmlock which means that there aren't any limits as far as a future release of the INFRA-Euro set regards! :P That is, until I've added all construction stages, so it'll be awhile before you can enjoy it. But it's at least yet another step forward.
It is indeed :)
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

OMG this is freakin awesome :!: :bow: :mrgreen:
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Saibot wrote:Screens look good as usual :P
SAC wrote:
Didn't you mention it also might be coded as stationparts?
Well, of course I did! Sorry about that! Yet another reason as to why I should pay attention to one task at a time! :oops:
SHADOW-XIII wrote:OMG this is freakin awesome :!: :bow: :mrgreen:
Thanks Shadow! :P But there's certainly no need for a bow!

Edit to add///

Would anyone with a graphics "eye" please contact me for a test! As the landscaping stuff is taking place inside my trg1r-file, I'd like for someone to test it in their own game and give me some inputs. And preferably someone who's online quite often!

DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

:shock: Absolutely, unbelievably gorgeous!!!! I can't believe it's TTD :D Trees, bridges, buildings, all looks beautiful.

SAC, send it my way, I'll have time :D (plus it's an excuse to get some of those awesome graphics ;) )
Last edited by DanMacK on 04 Nov 2006 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

That sounds good! I couldn't have gotten a better tester! :P I'll send you the file through pm!

WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

have you changed the forest by any chance sac in size that is.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

OMG! /\ shaped trees!
/me hugs SAC

:tongue:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

robotboy wrote:have you changed the forest by any chance sac in size that is.
Yes, I had to! These trees are a bit taller, or to be more specific, I allowed for these trees to be just a tiny bit taller than the originals for the purpose of details. Do you think they are to big?
Purno wrote:OMG! /\ shaped trees!
/me hugs SAC

:tongue:
You're welcome! :P I knew I would be able to use these trees on some occasion, never figured it would be for TTD though - as they were originally made for a completely different game! :D

Return to “Graphics Development”