[WIP] INFRA by SAC

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Dave

Post by Dave »

Distribution of SAC's graphics!?

BUT WHO!!!?

I'm very disappointed for SAC - she has worked VERY hard on these graphics. Still - I refuse to play with any "pirated" version and instead cannot wait to play with an official version!

Come on Missy, I wanna see!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

I'm ashamed that some forum members have downloaded the graphics when they were not posted by SAC herself. The graphics she is doing are fantastic and they are best served justice in one big bang by the author herself. If WE can all wait, why can't some impatient git also wait.
This is why i havent released Through the tube yet, i dont want anyone taking it and passing it off as their own.

Now..SAC, I apologise for the actions of some mindless git in distributing your graphics..all your loyal fans still marvel at your creations and we will be patient and wait.
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

[Poll Vote]
I'd like to see dirt tracks have Dirt bridges, but I'd also like to see Asphalt Roads have Asphalt bridges.
But this is something that will have to wait for newRoutes, until then, bridges should be in the dominant road type (Asphalt). ;)
[/Poll Vote]

As for the grf, I agree with Hyronymus, you should not distribute other people's work if they have not released it to public.
I take quite a dim view of people taking other peoples work and then distributing, this includes breaking the trust of an author with private grfs.
Whether or not you compile it for your private use is a morality issue and not at debate here.

Now, can we get back to enjoying SAC's nice graphics? :)

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Dave Worley wrote: Still - I refuse to play with any "pirated" version and instead cannot wait to play with an official version!
Yup, no cheap fakes!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

/me apologize.
As I can see there is lots of SAC supporters. /me dont show Sac´s trees any more :) Is this enough? Or must I delete them? :D
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

M4rek wrote:
SAC wrote:
M4rek wrote:...the direction signs at dirt road Tjunctions are far too bright, they probably wouldnt be those colours in the first place and they would be weathered and dirty...
Unfortunately you're wrong! :P I'm swedish and road signs on the countryside on "private roads", (which in Sweden is something completely different then a "private road" in another country), are yellow with a red border and black prints. Please see the attached URL below;

http://www.vv.se/filer/publikationer/VV ... en_eng.pdf

ok, thats quite fair then... but travelling from plymouth to the czech republic in a van, i saw many roadsigns... and they were often quite dirty.
I'm sure they were, but in at least Sweden road signs, regardless of where they are, must be clean and properly visible. But of course, weather conditions are something no one can prepare for! :P Still, if it makes you feel better I can try to add some dirt on them!

As for the grass under trees, I'm looking into it though as mentioned earlier. But since this is something added "below" the trees not too much can be done. I can't add more grass to the mountains itself then I already have! It doesn't look good in my honest opinion!
SAC wrote:
this about covers everything i can see at the moment...
Are you absolutely sure? 8)
no,

sloped rock tiles have random yellow pixels, it looks... weird, try something different please, but i believe this is up to you.

i think thats it...

SAC wrote:
These "yellow" pixels are supposed to be flowers! :P It looks better in game, I promise! :D
Dave Worley wrote:Shut up m4rek.

She's already admitted about the trees.There's constructive criticism and then there's pointless criticism. Yours is quite blatantly the latter.
Yeah, let's give him a good 'ol spank, shall we!

[/quote]

oh very nice... how friendly...

you asked for it, dont blame me.[/quote]

:P Just kiddin, you do know that don't you? 8) I appreciate honest comments. You kind of get "blind" when working on something for awhile, and it's not until someone points out stuff that you see it yourself. Pretty much as when MB pointed out the light angle of the trees! :P
ISA wrote:/me apologize.
As I can see there is lots of SAC supporters. /me dont show Sac´s trees any more :) Is this enough? Or must I delete them? :D
This is not the issue ISA. And never has been! It's the whole "distributing" thing that kind of got to me. Not that anyone codes something and use it for personal purposes. You don't need to remove screenies or .grf's! Just keep on showing your screenies, okey! :P
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

SAC wrote:These "yellow" pixels are supposed to be flowers! :P It looks better in game, I promise! :D
Lester and Fester is hopin' they's dandelions. Apparently Granma makes a mean dandelion wine, although Granpa don't want nothin' to do with it. He figures his "Medcinal Elixir" (His spelling) is plenty good enough. Lester and Fester don't really care. Both is plenty powerful an' you can put either in the Rebel's tank in a pinch. (Or when avoiding one.) :wink:

Sorry about the Lester and Fester stuff, SAC, but they are mighty taken by your work. :D
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

SAC wrote:Just keep on showing your screenies, okey! :P
Ok if You insist! Image
Attachments
Mmmmm money :)
Mmmmm money :)
20.11.2006pilt1.png (331.9 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Noticed my previous reply ended up a bit messy, but I'm too lazy to correct it! :P
wallyweb wrote:
SAC wrote:These "yellow" pixels are supposed to be flowers! :P It looks better in game, I promise! :D
Lester and Fester is hopin' they's dandelions. Apparently Granma makes a mean dandelion wine, although Granpa don't want nothin' to do with it. He figures his "Medcinal Elixir" (His spelling) is plenty good enough. Lester and Fester don't really care. Both is plenty powerful an' you can put either in the Rebel's tank in a pinch. (Or when avoiding one.) :wink:

Sorry about the Lester and Fester stuff, SAC, but they are mighty taken by your work. :D
Well, I'm kind of curious to see their living! I sort of have an imaginary view of them and their property! :P

If nothing else, it does sound like a perfect theme for a TT-diary! You should have one! I'd be following it! :P
ISA wrote:
SAC wrote:Just keep on showing your screenies, okey! :P
Ok if You insist! Image
Looks great! 8)
Last edited by SAC on 20 Nov 2006 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

ARRR! 'twas me...
... that really likes these graphics, now who's goin' to give up their STOLEN treasure? Yarrrr!
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

SAC wrote:Well, I'm kind of curious to see their living! I sort of have an imaginary view of them and their property! :P
You mean like here? : Dueling Banjos
SAC wrote:If nothing else, it does sound like a perfect theme for a TT-diary! You should have one! I'd be following it! :P
The diary is here.:lol: Every now and then as this thread progresses you'll read a little more of the anctics Lester and Fester. :wink:

By the way, that missing transmission tower? Well seems as how Pa wanted to get the boys a mechano set for Christmas.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

wallyweb wrote:
SAC wrote:Well, I'm kind of curious to see their living! I sort of have an imaginary view of them and their property! :P
You mean like here? : Dueling Banjos
SAC wrote:If nothing else, it does sound like a perfect theme for a TT-diary! You should have one! I'd be following it! :P
The diary is here.:lol: Every now and then as this thread progresses you'll read a little more of the anctics Lester and Fester. :wink:

By the way, that missing transmission tower? Well seems as how Pa wanted to get the boys a mechano set for Christmas.
I had no idea we were talking about the squirrel and penguin boys!

LOL

And well, I'll have to give it to Pa for at least being creative! :P

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

It has come to my attention that CERTAIN members are trying to source a download for SAC's trees. Those of us with copies should hold that privelage as sacred, and should not distrubute them.

Those of you out there who ARE sending PM's to other members trying to get a download, you make me SICK, because you're more than happy to hurt a contributing member, one who has contributed far more than you yourselves will even contribute to these forums, for what?

Some shiny trees?

If I see anyone distrubuting SAC's graphics without her permission, prepare to be kicked in the nether regions by stillettos. I'll let SAC do the actual kicking, I don't wear womens shoes*

So, let me remind you. Those of us who DO have a copy, it is a preivelage. Do not abuse that, or SAC's trust by disributing it. Those of you asking people for a copy? I hope you feel very very bad, you're so far out of line.

I won't name names, but they should message SAC immediatly with an apology... She knows who you are**

* I can just see Andel bargearsing his way in here to point out that I have been known to wear a pink hat...
** Orudge stole the Palantir off of Saruman and gave it to SAC.

EDIT: I notice I have managed to misspell priveldge at LEAST three times in this post. Feel free to laugh at me, but don't post anything, it makes me seem less dramatic :tongue:
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

*privilege

:mrgreen:

But, seriously, do respect author's wishes. If a GRF file, program, bit of music, anything, is not for public distribution, then it is not for public distribution. It will be released to the public in good time, no doubt. Please don't let people down by abusing this.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

oh come on Rai - you have some issues.
I was asking you if you can give me (I wrote PM before asking on IRC).
As many many .... many people lately had those on screenies I thought it's spreading not from a website yet but person to person so I asked you.

so calm down Rai - saying just: 'no sorry, SAC asked not to spread it' would be enough men :roll:
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:so calm down Rai - saying just: 'no sorry, SAC asked not to spread it' would be enough men :roll:
Whiskey tango foxtrot, over?

The fact that SAC hasn't released this herself should make it blindingly obvious that she doesn't want it distributed yet. Even an idiot should be able to figure this one out without asking five different people first.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

Honestly, if you people want it this badly, you might as well cut and paste every single tree out of the screenshots and make a GRF of it. :roll:
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Better: Start to draw new trees from scratch and create a separate grf.
Dave

Post by Dave »

jonty-comp wrote:Honestly, if you people want it this badly, you might as well cut and paste every single tree out of the screenshots and make a GRF of it. :roll:
Why bother when I can ask Rai? :P

Only messing. I think this is a silly situation caused by someone's breach of trust that has now led to a full blown Scandal (capital S)
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Raichase wrote:Those of you out there who ARE sending PM's to other members trying to get a download
Yes, it would be nice if all of You stop that! :x

Return to “Graphics Development”