[WIP] INFRA by SAC

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

I, for one, will wait until the final Infra landscape GRF is complete before using the trees in a game. Albeit, I'll be waiting in a cold sweat.

However, I did modify one of the conifers as sorta a Christmas gift (.gif? Ha! get it! :mrgreen: ) I call it Christmas in the city.

Merry Christmas, SAC, and I think I speak for most TT Forum members, thank you for your generosity!

Cheers!
Attachments
City-Christmas.gif
City-Christmas.gif (9.53 KiB) Viewed 6492 times
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

Thanks for the release SAC! :) I reallt admire your work, your graphics are awesome!
Merry christmas / god jul ;)

Edit:
Oz: neat :)
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

:shock: :shock:

I had to do a double take. Those buildings are...once again...very impressive.
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

That's all stunning amazing! Great job :P
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Oz wrote:I, for one, will wait until the final Infra landscape GRF is complete before using the trees in a game. Albeit, I'll be waiting in a cold sweat.

However, I did modify one of the conifers as sorta a Christmas gift (.gif? Ha! get it! :mrgreen: ) I call it Christmas in the city.

Merry Christmas, SAC, and I think I speak for most TT Forum members, thank you for your generosity!

Cheers!
:O I like that tree. We need it as a seasonal-prop :D
Oz: it's not christmas for two weeks yet ;p
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

I am not sure if I get newobjects finished until then...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Darkvater wrote:Oz: it's not christmas for two weeks yet ;p
Here for even more :wink:
And, Oz, great Christmass tree! :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

I'm pleased to hear you all like the trees! :P Thanks for all the kind words!
Purno wrote:Nice stuff SAC, didn't try them out yet, but I saw screenies. Does arctic has snowy trees too, or isn't that supported (yet)?
Nope! As INFRA will replace the snowline with a mountainline I haven't bothered making snowy versions of the trees - yet!
propermike wrote:Those trees are great.:bow: ..can't wait for the rest.

You have lured me out from my lurking status
Always happy to see I've managed to get new people to post! :P Feel most welcome to TT-forums, and enjoy your stay! :)
Oz wrote:I, for one, will wait until the final Infra landscape GRF is complete before using the trees in a game. Albeit, I'll be waiting in a cold sweat.

Cheers!
Thanks Oz! In fact, that christmas tree gave me a brilliant idea for a special INFRA Christmas Contest! :P Will get back to you peps in a couple of days! :wink:
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
coalroads artist
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by coalroads artist »

Ive got to say that i don't get on the forums too often lately but this thread has caught me by suprise! I can't believe that one person has created so much by themselves and has to me shown up out of nowere. Great to see other artists appearing that produce so much as i know when i draw i stop after a while due to too many ideas burning my mind out.
Original AUSSET graphics artist.
-Mr squiggle was my mentor!
Tracking table-Ausset
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

Oh my god SAC! :shock:

Those trees are the best! :o :D
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Thanks both! :P

Anyways...

I'm looking for some people for a "reference group" that could test some of the new graphics I make, giving me inputs, suggestions and whatnot for additional stuff - or just improvements! This would be very helpful as releasing official .grf's later on will be more complete and functional to the end users.

I'd like for this "reference group" to include people from both TTD and OTTD, (provided I can find someone willing to adapt my graphics into OTTD). I'd also like to include people who have great knowledge of graphics as well as people who have none, and also patch developers if anyone of you are interested, (as I believe you can add other points of views valuable to me in my work)!

Interested? Send me a pm! :P

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I think SAC may just have a very full PM Inbox....
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

SAC wrote:provided I can find someone willing to adapt my graphics into OTTD
In general, it's the responsibility of the Open to adapt to the newgrf files, not the other way around.

There are exceptions, of course, as with any rule, but those exceptions are usually introduced by someone saying "Bytes $FOO through $BAR of sprite $BAZ are invalid because $REASON. Please correct either the sprite or the documentation." In fact, I just recently fielded a question of this nature regarding TTRSv3.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

DaleStan wrote:
SAC wrote:provided I can find someone willing to adapt my graphics into OTTD
In general, it's the responsibility of the Open to adapt to the newgrf files, not the other way around.

There are exceptions, of course, as with any rule, but those exceptions are usually introduced by someone saying "Bytes $FOO through $BAR of sprite $BAZ are invalid because $REASON. Please correct either the sprite or the documentation." In fact, I just recently fielded a question of this nature regarding TTRSv3.
Okey! :P Well, the test graphics will be provided as "station tiles" as I only want the reference group to "play around" with the stuff!

Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Sounds good! Now I must send a PM! :lol:
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Okey, I've recieved some pm's from people willing to be part of this "so called" reference group as far as all my new graphics regards, and I've decided to set up the group as follows;

INFRA Reference Group

1. Aegir

Simply for most likely being the one coding the INFRA-stuff eventually, and therefor having a main role as a coder with knowledge beyond mine! :P

2. Wallyweb

Being an end user who's playing the game pretty much in the same manor as myself, and therefor able to provide me with inputs and suggestions of great value.

3. M4rek

For being the only one up to date who can't resist complaining or pointing out the tiniest little misplaced detail in my screens, and obviously have the ability to give me some very useful tips! :P

4. Darkvater

Being an OTTD-player and also an OTTD-developer I couldn't have asked for more in my efforts to include OTTD and its players into this ref. group as well.

5. SuperTycoon

For playing in both fields, TTDP and OTTD, and therefor able to view this from two points.

I think this will make up for a good group that in the end will be very useful in order for me to bring out a set that is as good as possible already from the beginning! :P

I'm also terribly sorry for not taking in the rest of you that applied, but a too big group won't be more helpful then a small one of 5 people! Please don't be mad at me for this! :?

eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

< Looks

< Is happy to be not on the list, already enough to do with newobjects.
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

I noes! I dont like you anymore!

:roll: :lol:

Riiight, Im just looking forward to all the grf's. I'm making a map now spesially for the INFRA graphics! :)
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

eis_os wrote:< Looks

< Is happy to be not on the list, already enough to do with newobjects.
:P

Well, I wanted a patch developer from TTD included as well as I figured I have ideas that may or may not work with the patch itself, but none of you were interested! 8)

eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

You don't seem to know what newobjects does:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=28517

Anyway, I won't accept any grfauthor requests for that feature until it's finished in a least basic working state...

Return to “Graphics Development”