[WIP] INFRA by SAC

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Well, I really can't tell what it does until it's actually finished! But I'm looking forward to it though! :P
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

SAC wrote:The tunnel I'm using in my game is from the Czech Road set, or more specifically; a separate tunnel .grf. :P
Merry christmas SAC :)

I've tried to serch for this tunnel.grf file, but without luck. I used the Czech railroadset and love the tunnels. But i think that the tracks are a little to bright, so could you be so kind to direct me to where I can fint these tunnels in a seperat grf? :D
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

whohoo, /me bounces up and down with joy :lol:
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

I admit there has been a lot of INFRA-diary posts lately, but I haven't forgotten about this thread. :P

As such I figured I should post an update as far as the INFRA-Euro Set regards. New buildings of all sorts, some completely new while others uses parts from other great artists original artwork, adapted to the usual INFRA-look which basically means re-coloring, added details, and so on!
As can tell by the screen most buildings are "town buildings" for downtown placement, along with a few residential ones. Also included are some improved versions of Zimmlocks original cathedrals, one of them "upgraded" to a dome and two smaller versions of the usual cathedrals - although recolored and with some details added.

At the bottom of the screen obviously the new IKEA store, drawn in modules to allow for the end user to build up the facility according to personal preferences - not to mention space available! :P

As with most of the buildings planned for the INFRA-Euro Set, these new/improved ones also lacks construction stages. I will get to that at some point though! :P

Anyways, back again tomorrow with yet another addition of new graphics compiled!
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 09:56, edited 1 time in total.

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

:shock:

I can only assume that the game is not smart enough to place an IKEA store properly; that can only be done by a scenario designer?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

very good

Post by maquinista »

Very good!!! I like these graphics!
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

/me wants to see the ikea building as its own grf :D
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
lws1984
President
President

Post by lws1984 »

I want that IKEA!! Seriously, good job SAC!
It's not me in my avatar, it's a time lord!

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.
-Douglas Adams
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

*Bowled over.*

Love it!
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

robotboy wrote:/me wants to see the ikea building as its own grf :D
/me agrees! :D
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

krtaylor wrote::shock:

I can only assume that the game is not smart enough to place an IKEA store properly; that can only be done by a scenario designer?
That would be a correct assumption! :P

However, when drawing it I decided to make it in modules, (1x1), and one idea that came to mind - as the IKEA store is intended to receive wood and produce furnitures, (goods) - was to check the possibility to have this particular "industry" be represented by a 1x1 tile only, perhaps the sign itself. The rest of the building should thereby be avalaible either as station tiles or "eye-candy" graphics, allowing for the end user to "design" the rest of it.

While the game can't do all, at least it should be able to place a 1x1 tile sign! :P

Darkwalker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Darkwalker »

Respect :shock:

BTW, as you say, some buildings are new and some buildings are from other artists. Do you have their permission to redraw their work? Because I see there is the house of my grandma, drawn by me, and I don't remember any question about using it in your set... (it's the sixth house, first line, in front)

Anyway, I haven't any problem with it, but other artists could have...

Keep up good work
== Darkwalker == Tycoonez.com:munity == Czech republic ==

My clipboard, where you can find my graphics.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Then I must have forgotten you in the process Darkwalker! Very sorry about that! :oops: I spent awhile over at your place and wrote and received permission from artists from within the Tycoonez Com:munity but somehow I must have missed you! I hope you can forgive me!

However, none of these are available but in my own game though! Anyways, check your pm's at Tycoonez Com:munity! :D

Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

:shock: What to say? It's... it's... amazing! :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Wile E. Coyote wrote::shock: What to say? It's... it's... amazing! :D
yeah indeed :P
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

MeusH wrote:
Wile E. Coyote wrote::shock: What to say? It's... it's... amazing! :D
yeah indeed :P
I agree 100%! :D
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Would those buildings be compatible/combinable with TTRS?

Of course, they look stunning, but I think you already knew that. 8)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Purno wrote:Would those buildings be compatible/combinable with TTRS?

Of course, they look stunning, but I think you already knew that. 8)
Building sets aren't mutually exclusive, by their very design they can all co-exist, but there is a limit to how many 'slots' that can be used, which is 255. At last count TTRSv3 took up something like 130-150 slots, maybe more or less. And even if you disable a building set inside a save game, those slots it used are still reserved. Combining bigger sets is a bit more unpredictable than with small sets (Take the North American buildings for example), but provided there is enough slots left free, it should work.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

If ikea was coded as an industry, that accepts goods, player could be placing them on his own decission.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Aegir, thanks.
Colonel32 wrote:If ikea was coded as an industry, that accepts goods, player could be placing them on his own decission.
True, but the Ikea should accept/produce passengers too IMO.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

Return to “Graphics Development”