How Do I Supply Food to a City That Doesn’t Accept Food

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

TehAngryBird345
Engineer
Engineer

How Do I Supply Food to a City That Doesn’t Accept Food

Post by TehAngryBird345 »

So I’m playing on a sub arctic map, where cities that are above the snow line need food supplied to them in order to grow. Well I was supplying food to one of those cities, everything was going fine until the city randomly stopped accepting food. Now the city won’t grow because it won’t accept the food that is needed to make it grow. How do I fix this?
odisseus
Director
Director

Re: How Do I Supply Food to a City That Doesn’t Accept Food

Post by odisseus »

Try covering as many houses as possible with the catchment area of your station. If that doesn't solve the problem, use the "Fund new buildings" function to make the town grow unconditionally. Repeat until it builds enough houses to start accepting food again.

Also, I've heard that very small towns would actually grow even without food (despite what the interface says), but I'm not sure about that.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: How Do I Supply Food to a City That Doesn’t Accept Food

Post by Eddi »

there's two different problems with food:

1) buildings in the town center do not accept food, only buildings in the outskirts. as the town center keeps growing, you need to move the catchment area of the food delivery station further out over time.

2) very small towns may not have enough buildings to accept food. i think there's a hidden exemption from the food requirement for very small towns, but i'm not sure.

the "fund new buildings" town interaction temporarily removes the food requirement for town growth.

there are some industry sets that provide food-accepting industries.

and lastly, the station sign decides which town the food delivery is accounted to, not the building location, so you can include buildings of different towns in your station catchment area to get enough food accepance.

Return to “General OpenTTD”