NewGrfs' test topic

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

does tropic set work?

And a bonus question - Is there a list of which newgrf features _are_ supported by OTTD atm?
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Tropic set should; most 2.0r1 graphics work in OTTD.

And we'd all like a list of what OTTD supports, but it seems that Hackykid would rather make OTTD support more than document what he's already done (not that I fault him for that preference.)
Last edited by DaleStan on 01 Jul 2005 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

uzurpator wrote:does tropic set work?
No - at least, not with the latest version (of OpenTTD) I've tried - I haven't tried Hackykid's "stuff.zip" version. It works to a point, but you end up with all sorts of trees and other random stuff in the vehicle list, and it's a bit of a mess. :?
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

i done another test with one of the last nightlies, in these days the grf support is still developed so i wanted to do a test

EDIT: the results are on the 1st post
Jim Starluck
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jim Starluck »

Any tests with the new articulated engine support (specifically interested in Artic or US Sets)?

Edit: Nevermind, just went and tested it myself with the current Nightly. Locomotives appear correctly, articulation and all, and freight cars can have cargo refitted with no (apparent) bugs.
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger locomotive and try again.
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

I have tested arctic renewal set and it had numerous bugs with vagons.
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

Those bridges are pretty well supported. I think they were made by Purno.
Attachments
Flondingwood Transport, 23rd May 2030.png
Flondingwood Transport, 23rd May 2030.png (49.3 KiB) Viewed 9401 times
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
Jim Starluck
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jim Starluck »

Killer 11 wrote:I have tested arctic renewal set and it had numerous bugs with vagons.
The only bugs I've found thus far are in the Iron Ore Hopper and the Gondola, which occur because the Arctic set has code to include the Iron Ore Mine, Steel Mill, and Factory in the Arctic terrain, which apparently OTTD does not presently support (would be nice if it did...).
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger locomotive and try again.
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

You'll notice the pillars of those bridges are wrong. I do have some code to fix that...

As far as I can tell, the Arctic Renewal set works apart from the newcargos issue.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Does DTsetPRw.GRF work? Because when I enter it into openttd.cfg, copy the file to the mps map and run openttd.exe it says:

error! NewGRF file missing: DTsetPRw.GRF

EDIT: I'm sorry, I dind't put it in the Data map :oops:
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

i'm continuing my testing work (see first post)

i read somewhere that is possible to set some parameters to grf, what and how?
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

You can check the link in my sig and add the changes there.

- the planeset is not fully supported (not without additional patches)
- there is a planeset for OTTD which is supported but it is an old version
- cargoserw.grf (or cargoseTw.grf) - i think it works (i am playing with it).

Can you give me a link for newwatw_612.grf. I have't seen it anywhere.
Last edited by gkirilov on 30 Apr 2006 18:53, edited 2 times in total.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Wolf01 wrote:i read somewhere that is possible to set some parameters to grf, what and how?
Setting parameters for GRFs was added to OTTD at r4527 (that’s about a week ago). If you use a nightly build they will work. As to what and how, you will have to look at the documentation for the GRF file. :)
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Wolf01 wrote:i'm continuing my testing work (see first post)

i read somewhere that is possible to set some parameters to grf, what and how?
example with parameters 2 AND 1 for combroadw.grf:

Code: Select all

[newgrf]
combroadw.grf = 2,1
You can also use "2 1", so a space instead of a comma, that's also correct.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

[newgrf]
combroadw.grf = 2 1
Parameters work, so does Combined Roadset.
Edit: It works the same as DV's method. He coded support of spaces " " instead of "," for simplificy and TTDPlayers' comfort

Newgrfs I do use:

[newgrf]
addlivw.grf
arcticsetw.grf
combroadw.grf = 2 1
#dbsetxlw.grf
fencew.grf
newshipsw.grf
tempsetpw.grf
tropicstw.grf
I took a look at Uzurpator's signature and saw that there are no new wagons in OpenTTD, tropicset. Locomotives do work, however. Beautiful.
Loop
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Loop »

Uhm, I'm using the toyland2mars grf, and it looks good :) Didn't see any errors...
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

i'm using old grf files, so my tests may not be very accurate, especially mars and planeset ones, other files i think that are almost updated, i dlded them from grfcrawler site and their official sites

thanks meush and darkvater for the help, but i have to re-dl all grf because i don't have readme files :roll:

i think that is not a bat idea to write in the same place all possible parameters for all grf, maybe i try to update the list on the first post
Loop wrote:Uhm, I'm using the toyland2mars grf, and it looks good :) Didn't see any errors...
mmm... can you tell me if you are using a mod to the original graphics or the grf set? and if you are using the second one where you get it?

EDIT:
here is a paragraph from the dbsetxl help page:
Supplying parameters to the DB set XL

The DB set XL uses some default settings, e.g. for using new railway gates or usage of random liveries. However, you can pass parameters to control some of its features. Simply add up the numbers given below and pass the result as a parameter to the DB Set XL:

1 - disable railway gates

The new railway gates of the DB set XL replace the original crossings. There are two types of gates:

* rural - these are so called "half-gates" outside city centers including traffic cross signs.
* city - these are full gates in city centers including the usual warning lights.

Depending on the chosen road traffic side, gates will be right- or left-handed, i.e. in the case of half-gates they will be closing on the correct side of the road.

2 - set random livery for tankers

When buying new tankers for crude oil, their livery will be random but uniform for a consist. You can change this to random liveries for every single tanker of a consist by supplying this parameter. Notice however, that tankers for liquid goods will always have time-dependant liveries, i.e. never get randomized.

4 - set random load for stake wagons

In the XL version the stake wagon is able to show eight different steel products. The default sets one of these eight products for the whole consist each time the train is loaded. However, you can change this to a totally random behaviour so that each stake wagon in a consist will show a different product.

8 - disable german-style semaphores

Keep in mind that german-style semaphores are shown only if the switch "signalsontrafficside" has been set to "on" in the file ttdpatch.cfg and the "right" side has been chosen as road traffic side.

Examples

* "newgrf/dbsetxl[w].grf" - enables new railway gates by default, also sets random liveries of the tankers and random load of the stake wagon to default,
* "newgrf/dbsetxl[w].grf 1" - disables railway gates,
* "newgrf/dbsetxl[w].grf 2" - sets random liveries for tankers,
* "newgrf/dbsetxl[w].grf 3" - disables railway gates and sets random liveries for tankers,
* "newnewgrf/dbsetxl[w].grf 6" - sets random liveries for tankers and random load for steel.
* "newnewgrf/dbsetxl[w].grf 11" - disables railway gates and german-style semaphores and sets random liveries for tankers.
this show how the behaviour of the grf changes using parameters
here you have to sum param numbers if you want to put more of them, in OTTD is different, so i can put "dbsetxlw.grf 1 2 4 8" to have all or i have to put "dbsetxlw.grf 15"?
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Has anyone tested the US Set with the latest mini IN? It works pretty well...all the trains, wagons and liveries are fully functional (even the climate restrictions are working), with the exception of the GS-4, which is in a permanent black freight colour and refuses to show its Daylight livery. Two minor problems are that the really big locomotives (especially the late Y6b) can't fit into depots properly, so bits of them will stick out of the walls when they enter depots, and the B units of the F7 and E8 won't show up. You will also not be able to play in custom scenarios (the vehicle lists get all messed up) without saving that scenario with the US Set loaded.
Attachments
Oh yeah, and some locomotives don't have steam coming out of the right places...
Oh yeah, and some locomotives don't have steam coming out of the right places...
usset1.PNG (84.09 KiB) Viewed 8380 times
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

White Rabbit wrote:You will also not be able to play in custom scenarios (the vehicle lists get all messed up) without saving that scenario with the US Set loaded.
You could try typing 'resetengines' in the console.
MeusH wrote:I took a look at Uzurpator's signature and saw that there are no new wagons in OpenTTD, tropicset. Locomotives do work, however. Beautiful.
Not in OpenTTD but in the tropicset in general. It only replaces engines.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Darkvater wrote:
MeusH wrote:I took a look at Uzurpator's signature and saw that there are no new wagons in OpenTTD, tropicset. Locomotives do work, however. Beautiful.
Not in OpenTTD but in the tropicset in general. It only replaces engines.
Allright. Sorry for the confusion, thanks DV

Return to “Graphics Development”