[How-to] Use newgrf sets

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Benbo
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Benbo »

Is there any plans on making electric rails for OTTD?
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

It's planned for 0.5.0, to be done by Celestar.
It was planned, however, for earlier relases, but Celestar is offline very long time and the best way would be someone to take over Celestar's job and finish the project
Hamish McTycoon
Engineer
Engineer

Help!

Post by Hamish McTycoon »

Ok, this makes me sound pretty stupid (which I am when it comes to computer) but I can't figure out how to get the UK renewal set to work with Open TT. I hope it does work, because it looks to good to miss but Im not sure I could cope with TTDpatch after the wonders of Open!

I've added the grf files to 'data' and the new lines at the end of openttd.cfg but when i try to open OpenTTD it comes up with this error message: 'NewGRF file missing: ...'

Can anyone help? I'd be very grateful!
:?

EDIT: I've since found out that the UK renewal set dosnt work for the latest version of OpenTTD. Ok, fair enough, but the same error message comes up when I try to install any of the grf files, even those on the Wiki list of ones compatable with OpenTTD. ARRRRGH!!!! I need new trains....hellllllp....pleeaaase..... :cry:
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Help!

Post by Brianetta »

Hamish McTycoon wrote:EDIT: I've since found out that the UK renewal set dosnt work for the latest version of OpenTTD.
It certainly does; there's quite a UK Renewal community going in the online servers.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Hamish McTycoon wrote:Ok, fair enough, but the same error message comes up when I try to install any of the grf files, even those on the Wiki list of ones compatable with OpenTTD. ARRRRGH!!!! I need new trains....hellllllp....pleeaaase..... :cry:
Please read page1 and double-check if you have put the files correctly in your openttd.cfg. If it still doesn't work post a screenshot of the relevant section of openttd.cfg and your directory in windows-explorer where the newgrf files are.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

Brianetta wrote:
Hamish McTycoon wrote:EDIT: I've since found out that the UK renewal set dosnt work for the latest version of OpenTTD.
It certainly does; there's quite a UK Renewal community going in the online servers.
Which version of the set do they use? The latest one reqires the 2company colors mapping for TTDP which is not supported in OTTD.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

The latest one. It doesn't require the second company colour map - we just live with green bits on our vehicles.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Aracirion
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

planespeed

Post by Aracirion »

When looking for planeset grf I found people talking about planespeed. Can u enable that in openttd? and if so, how?
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

It has nothing to do with grf. It is a separate patch for realistic plane speed/acceleration. It is included in the Intergrated Nighly: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=387683#387683
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
Aracirion
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aracirion »

ummm thanx gkirilov, is there a compiled version that will run on a mac?
platinumroller
Engineer
Engineer

HElp

Post by platinumroller »

i'm kinda new........ what is the endo of a file??, pleaz help
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

this is probably a stupid question but when i add new grfs like speed signs or yellow signals in my data file i dont now what to do with the .diff
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

m3henry, have a look here.

It explains it.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

eeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr........
?
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

No, I don't understand it either.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

diffs = not grf files.

diff files must be added to the source then compiled.
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

eeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr........
?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
ervin2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ervin2 »

where is the openttd.cfg file?

Return to “Graphics Development”