[OTTD] Little Hendingstone Transport

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Sure they can! They just need to walk. :p
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Three random screenshots of new developments on my network.
Attachments
Sinningbury and Tinham are two of our new 'model' towns, using a new method of road construction that keeps them at a reasonable size, and prevents any sort of urban sprawl. Here's a view of the short DMU line between the two towns.
Sinningbury and Tinham are two of our new 'model' towns, using a new method of road construction that keeps them at a reasonable size, and prevents any sort of urban sprawl. Here's a view of the short DMU line between the two towns.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 20th Jan 1957.png (187.05 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Here's a new Metro-Cammel DMU at a rural station. Since we're usually not allowed to build big stations and junctions all over the place, we will be expecting to use these DMUs a lot in the future.
Here's a new Metro-Cammel DMU at a rural station. Since we're usually not allowed to build big stations and junctions all over the place, we will be expecting to use these DMUs a lot in the future.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 5th Apr 1956.png (100.62 KiB) Viewed 3958 times
The long-awaited Metrovick EM2 electric engine was released in 1954. It's a huge improvement over our EE1s, with higher power and TE, and they have no problems reaching 144 km/h on flat land. Here are two of them on the elevated tracks outside Donston.
The long-awaited Metrovick EM2 electric engine was released in 1954. It's a huge improvement over our EE1s, with higher power and TE, and they have no problems reaching 144 km/h on flat land. Here are two of them on the elevated tracks outside Donston.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 8th Jun 1955.png (144.85 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Oh sod this, damn you White Rabit, I'm setting up my private invite-only OpenTTD server again!
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Thanks. Am I invited? ;)

3 more screenshots, and then I'll show my first ever freight network (£21 million to fund the forests, and £700,000 to fund the saw mill 8)).
Attachments
A pair of 2-10-0s on heavy freight duty, hauling wood to Tennington Valley (to be shown later) saw mill, which produces goods that are then delivered to Fretfingbourne.
A pair of 2-10-0s on heavy freight duty, hauling wood to Tennington Valley (to be shown later) saw mill, which produces goods that are then delivered to Fretfingbourne.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 18th Feb 1957.png (140.41 KiB) Viewed 3874 times
You can see a west-bound Merchant Navy train here, along with yet another non-streamlined version, on the entrance tracks to Dredhill.
You can see a west-bound Merchant Navy train here, along with yet another non-streamlined version, on the entrance tracks to Dredhill.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 12th Feb 1957.png (89.05 KiB) Viewed 3874 times
I'm not familiar with their production history, but at some point in the 50s, the Merchant Navys lost their streamlined chassis. Departing Little Munbridge station is a new, unstreamlined version.
I'm not familiar with their production history, but at some point in the 50s, the Merchant Navys lost their streamlined chassis. Departing Little Munbridge station is a new, unstreamlined version.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 5th Feb 1957.png (97.92 KiB) Viewed 3875 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

At last, here's the freight line. Starting with the map.
Attachments
The sawmill and its forests are in the valley between the mountains of Fretfingbourne and Hatfingbridge. There's just enough space for a moderate-sized station at the sawmill.
The sawmill and its forests are in the valley between the mountains of Fretfingbourne and Hatfingbridge. There's just enough space for a moderate-sized station at the sawmill.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 12th Sep 1955.png (30.16 KiB) Viewed 3854 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
The wood trains unload their cargo at Tennington Valley for the sawmill, which then produces lots of goods for my cities. The goods trains at the bottom are blocked by cranes and buildings, but they are 2-10-0s.
The wood trains unload their cargo at Tennington Valley for the sawmill, which then produces lots of goods for my cities. The goods trains at the bottom are blocked by cranes and buildings, but they are 2-10-0s.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 21st Jan 1955.png (190.91 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Tennington Woods is the eastern forest station, also serviced by 2-8-0s. You can barely make out the fringe roads of Tinham at the bottom right.
Tennington Woods is the eastern forest station, also serviced by 2-8-0s. You can barely make out the fringe roads of Tinham at the bottom right.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 17th Jan 1955.png (106.78 KiB) Viewed 3851 times
Hatfingbridge Woods is to the northwest of the sawmill, and is serviced by 2-8-0 freight engines. Sometimes a rare express passenger train passes by on the lower tracks.
Hatfingbridge Woods is to the northwest of the sawmill, and is serviced by 2-8-0 freight engines. Sometimes a rare express passenger train passes by on the lower tracks.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 16th Dec 1954.png (101.82 KiB) Viewed 3851 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Now following a goods train on its journey from the sawmill to Fretfingbourne Woods.
Attachments
Oh, and the tunnels we dug were at sea level, so we had to use canals to protect our precious goods trains. :P We're at the moment side-by-side with an empty 2-10-0 train.
Oh, and the tunnels we dug were at sea level, so we had to use canals to protect our precious goods trains. :P We're at the moment side-by-side with an empty 2-10-0 train.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 6th Feb 1955.png (63.35 KiB) Viewed 3846 times
After travelling by the foot of the mountain for a while, the 2-10-0 approaches Fretfingbourne, and a set of tunnels. At the very bottom is a 4-6-0 hauling very old covered carriage trucks. A Vickers Viscount can be seen in the air.
After travelling by the foot of the mountain for a while, the 2-10-0 approaches Fretfingbourne, and a set of tunnels. At the very bottom is a 4-6-0 hauling very old covered carriage trucks. A Vickers Viscount can be seen in the air.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 4th Feb 1955.png (76.57 KiB) Viewed 3846 times
The train just left the tunnels which lead into the sawmill's valley. To the north-west is one of the rare express trains I mentioned earlier.
The train just left the tunnels which lead into the sawmill's valley. To the north-west is one of the rare express trains I mentioned earlier.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 28th Jan 1955.png (122.39 KiB) Viewed 3846 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 06 Dec 2006 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
Finally, we arrive at the station. Not long after unloading, another goods train arrives, with open and bolster wagons
Finally, we arrive at the station. Not long after unloading, another goods train arrives, with open and bolster wagons
Little Hendingstone Transport, 17th Feb 1955.png (86.27 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
The goods unloading station is above sea level, so we couldn't dig any tunnels here. Instead, we used a cheap concrete bridge to cross the overtaking lane south of Fretfingbourne. Another empty goods train rolls by.
The goods unloading station is above sea level, so we couldn't dig any tunnels here. Instead, we used a cheap concrete bridge to cross the overtaking lane south of Fretfingbourne. Another empty goods train rolls by.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 11th Feb 1955.png (55.4 KiB) Viewed 3843 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

These will probably be the last screenshots of Little Hendingstone Transport until the MiniIN gets updated.
Attachments
Two Deltics speed by each other on a small junction to the south-east of Ronnley Market. Deltics are the only locomotives we have that can hold a consistent speed of 160 km/h, so they are given their own tracks even when mixed with 'faster' trains.
Two Deltics speed by each other on a small junction to the south-east of Ronnley Market. Deltics are the only locomotives we have that can hold a consistent speed of 160 km/h, so they are given their own tracks even when mixed with 'faster' trains.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 17th Nov 1959.png (125.84 KiB) Viewed 442 times
After I upgraded my airports, air traffic flow has become a lot smoother, and you see more planes in the air than in the hangars. Here's a Boeing Stratocruiser touching down above a new EE Deltic, on its dedicated high-speed track.
After I upgraded my airports, air traffic flow has become a lot smoother, and you see more planes in the air than in the hangars. Here's a Boeing Stratocruiser touching down above a new EE Deltic, on its dedicated high-speed track.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 23rd Aug 1959.png (83.58 KiB) Viewed 3764 times
You can actually reach Tycoon by just transporting one type of cargo. You'd get to over 950 points, but only just. On the airport is a Bristol Britannia. For the first time in Little Hendingstone Transport's history, planes can make more money than trains
You can actually reach Tycoon by just transporting one type of cargo. You'd get to over 950 points, but only just. On the airport is a Bristol Britannia. For the first time in Little Hendingstone Transport's history, planes can make more money than trains
Little Hendingstone Transport, 12th Jun 1958.png (67.86 KiB) Viewed 3764 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 06 Dec 2006 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above. Last three.
Attachments
A second concrete bridge was added to the goods train overpass and the 2-10-0s are putting it to good use. Two Sulzer Type 2s can also be seen. The lone Streamliner is now part of an increasingly rare breed: the steam engine.
A second concrete bridge was added to the goods train overpass and the 2-10-0s are putting it to good use. Two Sulzer Type 2s can also be seen. The lone Streamliner is now part of an increasingly rare breed: the steam engine.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 3rd Feb 1962.png (169.95 KiB) Viewed 443 times
A remote wood loading station serviced by some 2-8-0s (later upgraded to 2-10-0s). The forests are planted by us, and it's a huge investment, with each forest costing over £7 million, all intended for the goods trains to make yet more profit.
A remote wood loading station serviced by some 2-8-0s (later upgraded to 2-10-0s). The forests are planted by us, and it's a huge investment, with each forest costing over £7 million, all intended for the goods trains to make yet more profit.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 4th Aug 1961.png (91.4 KiB) Viewed 3755 times
A large variety of trains can be seen at Dredhill terminus, from long-distance express trains to local EMUs. There's even an EE Type 1 hauling passenger wagons. At its best, Dredhill can have three trains moving through simultaneously.
A large variety of trains can be seen at Dredhill terminus, from long-distance express trains to local EMUs. There's even an EE Type 1 hauling passenger wagons. At its best, Dredhill can have three trains moving through simultaneously.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 21st Mar 1960.png (132.16 KiB) Viewed 3756 times
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Your screenshots are definately a cut above other OTTD screenshots, which are usually a mess of large rail junctions and massive stations. :p
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Just a notch? I've been work..er, playing really hard. :) It's tough going with Little Hendingstone Transport mainly because towns have started to grow by themselves and take up all the space, so it's difficult to get new passenger lines started.
Cam
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cam »

Beautiful work!

BTW, what version of OTTD do you use, and what patches/grfs do you use to get the great looking bridges, stations, and goods piling up?

Also, did you cheat to start up your network? or did you crawl along with the initial amount of money?
Train + Level Crossing = Fun

Return to “Screenshots”