[TTDP/OTTD] Ameecher's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I got a bit bored of that game so started another one with Pikka's new industry .grf, I've yet to actually build any freight lines/trains to find out how it works but the passenger network is growing well.

Apologies for the names, they are TTD's German town names.

1) 1921, the company has been in existence for nearly a year and it's 2 trains are pictured at Mühlmund, a station that the company plans to expand to become the centre of the network.

2) Wildesgen a few years later a BR38 has been purchased for slightly long distance trains to....

3).... Brunmund. Originally worked by tank locos two BR38s were purchased to operate the line and the tanks were used to develop new routes. It is planned that the line will extend beyond here but lack of funds has seen this plan thrown on the back burner with enthusiasm because the route that the line would have to take involves a lot of costly tunnels and bridges.
Attachments
SCR134.png (62.13 KiB) Viewed 4207 times
SCR133.png (64.31 KiB) Viewed 4207 times
SCR132.png (36.42 KiB) Viewed 4209 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

4) Traffic become a bit heavier and the line between Wildesgen and Mühlmund was doubled, also 2 new through platforms were added to the station but funding fell through and the line was never completed but instead in a siding after the tunnels. One of the tank locos is stabled in the siding at Mühlmund pending new duties.

5) A new line was opened to Flensford and is the first leg to Rottbrück, a major city in the south-east corner of the map. Construction is not yet complete on the next section of line so trains terminate at a temporary set of buffer stops.

6) Frankwald is a junction station for trains to Rottbrück and other towns in the South East (which have yet to have a railway built to them). The line to Rottbrück departs to the bottom right of the shot while the bottom left is a siding that will be extended to and opened to passengers. Pictured are the local train from Mühlmund on platform 3, this is the terminus of this train. A Rheingold express passes through platform 1 from Rottbrück, these trains only pick up on the down (to Rottbrück) service and do not stop on the return.
Attachments
SCR145.png (120.73 KiB) Viewed 4198 times
SCR140.png (81.68 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
SCR137.png (56.09 KiB) Viewed 4205 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

And finally the map in 1932. You can probably work it out for yourselves, ask me if you don't.
Attachments
SCR146.png
SCR146.png (29.13 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Mühlmund has grown a bit. The through platforms now go somewhere and the company decided that a rebuild was required for a station that is so important on the network (all but 4 of the trains go to Mühlmund Hauptbahnhof). So now there are 5 terminus platforms and 2 through platforms. Also added is a new mainline to the North-East corner of the region, branded as the F-Train and hauled by BR01s while the Rottbrück trains are still in their Rheingold scheme and hauled by BR18s. Also in the shot are a BR38 on a local and a brand new VT-08 DMU on the Wildesgen shuttle.

Hopefully the station will provide plenty of capacity for quite a long time to come.
Attachments
Busy!
Busy!
SCR177.png (152.21 KiB) Viewed 4129 times
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Holy hell, that looks awesome.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Indeed it does, and I love it! Well done matey.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Thank you. A map as of 1972. you can work it out for yourself.

Edit: I'll go for a Raichase style, request which bits you want to see but first here is a large screenshot of the area around Muhlmund. Enjoy.
Attachments
SCR201(1).PNG
SCR201(1).PNG (41.1 KiB) Viewed 785 times
SCR202.png
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 199 times
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Ameecher, great shots!! 8)

I particularly like the large viaducts to the East of Heidelburg! Very picturesque.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Thanks Ben, anywhere that you want particular pictures of? I'll indulge... possibly
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Not especially... I'll just follow along :)

The big shots do look good on my monitor 8)
(Even if its not as big as mentioned on some other forums...ahem :oops: )
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

What sort of stock are you running your Diesel IC line(s) with?
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

From the screenies hes posted i think its just V200's pulling the IC trains, with a mixture of F-Train blue cars and older green cars. Please correct me if im wrong Ameecher :)

James
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Yeah it's V200s on Diesel routes with F-Train stock and some newer coaches tacked on to meet demand. There are 5 or 6 of those on the main route, on the secondary IC routes that are non-electric traction are again V200s but this time with newer TEE stock or V160s with standard ocean livery coaches.

The main electric stock are BR181s with ocean livery coaches and on the secondary electric route there are BR111s which have been cascaded from the main route and use Rheingold or TEE coaching stock. Some of the BR111s operate on the main route as mail/valuables trains.

The plans I have are when BR120s they will replace BR181s on mainline services and the BR181s will be transferred to the Main diesel route (which will be electrified of course) and the V200s on that route will either be stored or relegated to freight (although the company only has 2 freight trains at the moment, the infrastructure needs to be improved to ensure that freight can run without blocking passenger services too much.

I try my best not to buy new trains if they are not needed and many new lines just get recycled stock which still has plenty of life in it, consequently there are some lines which have stock dating from the early 1940s :P
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

1) As well as capacity at Mühlmund being a problem the line up to it is also a source of major delays. Large coal trains pass under the junction to the power station which can leave the lower junction blocked for a while. On the line to the left run trains to Brunmund, these are both IC and S-Bahn trains and these have to cross the mainline which has to traverse both junctions. S-Bahn trains to Frankwald have to cross the mainline to get to Flensford. It all needs a rebuild but the site is small and it would be impossible to do without stopping all trains.

2) Frankwald Junction, this station is very busy and is the terminus of S-Bahn services from Mühlmund and Express trains from Mühlmund, some of which terminate here others carry on through. The Intercity trains that do not stop (hauled by BR101s) by-pass the Junction on a new line. Other trains which do not stop however, like coal trains, are still routed via the station. The Blue Tigers are extremely powerful but two are required in order to maintain a decent speed to prevent major hold ups of passenger trains, particularily up hills.
Attachments
SCR219.png (121.81 KiB) Viewed 3861 times
SCR220.png (140 KiB) Viewed 3859 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Rottbruck was another bottleneck on the network with only 2 terminal platforms for a lot of trains, local trains in the south east corner of the region as well as Express trains so a way was needed to increase capacity in a thin location that didn't permit anymore platforms to be added so better utilisation of platforms was required.

Here was the plan. Before the project the layout of Rottbruck had 2 terminal platforms which handled the majority of traffic, 2 through lines and 2 terminal platforms facing the opposite way (see screenshot). It was intended to keep the 2 terminal platforms that were facing the other way and make the main platforms through platforms allowing trains to stop at the station, then travel to some sidings before returning. This meant that 4 platforms could be used because access to the sidings would be gained from all 4 platforms. As a result capacity was greatly increased and the station entrance could be reworked also.
Attachments
AFTER
AFTER
SCR221.png (151.81 KiB) Viewed 3838 times
BEFORE
BEFORE
SCR216.png (110.97 KiB) Viewed 3839 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I'm impressed again! More more more!!!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

badger wrote:I'm impressed again! More more more!!!
At the moment all trains have ground to a halt as the main station has become blocked by a coal train which got mis-routed by an amateur signalman (who has since been sacked) and there are trains backing up for tiles and tiles. I've got to sort out that mess before more screenshots will follow. I might even show people some shots of other bits of the network, not just bottlenecks. :)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Yes, I know double posting but I've rebuilt that junction and it actually works, I have had to remove the Brunmund to Flensford direct line which is no great loss because the DMU that operated it was old and not making much money. This also allows an extra train to be run from Brunmund.

Here is the result, not as aesthetically pleasing but a damn site better. Now there are very few conflicting movements of trains.

Edit: The second screenshot is just an image of the S-Bahn on the other side of Muhlmund, A station has been added on other side of the through platforms at the Hauptbahnhof and electrification extended to Cloppenmund which has grown rapidly since the introduction of the S-Bahn.
Attachments
SCR222.png
SCR222.png (138.38 KiB) Viewed 3779 times
SCR223.png
SCR223.png (166.17 KiB) Viewed 3765 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Another one, This Muhlmund Hbf at a quieter time but there's still lots of stuff going on :D. Two BR101s are leaving while two ICE-TDs wait for departure to their respective destinations (despite the lines here being fully electrified these serve IC routes that are not electrified, there are only two of them though). A BR612 passes through the underpass as a BR420 crosses.

Compare this shot with the one at the top of this page, things have changed a bit :P

Edit couple of other shots.

1) the area around Rottbruck, despite improvements still suffers from blockages but they generally sort themselves.

2) Osnaford an interchange on the Mainline with local DMU services, the sawmill sees a small amount of freight too.
Attachments
SCR224.png
SCR224.png (124.03 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
SCR228.png (163.53 KiB) Viewed 3738 times
SCR227.png
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 103 times
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Great looking screens again Ameecher. I love that last one, SCR227.
And I tell you what, those tunnels really do look bloody good in your shots. (I know that sounds likem a selfish plug but even Im getting more and more fond of them each time I see everyone elses work with them!)
:D

Return to “Screenshots”