question about food delivery

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

accipiter2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

question about food delivery

Post by accipiter2000 »

If a station is large enough and covers buildings in two cities, then to which city should the food delivered to that station be attributed? It seems that it cannot be attributed to both cities simultaneously.
My most satisfying game session.
viewtopic.php?p=1267789
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: question about food delivery

Post by skc »

accipiter2000 wrote: 27 Oct 2023 12:28 If a station is large enough and covers buildings in two cities, then to which city should the food delivered to that station be attributed? It seems that it cannot be attributed to both cities simultaneously.
kamnet wrote: 27 Oct 2023 20:23 The town the station is associated with by name.
To elaborate on Kamnet's answer...
The tile which the station's name tag is attached to, and which local authority that is allocated to, will be the town that benefits.

If you want both towns to benefit, have your vehicles use a 'Transfer' order, rather than the default 'Unload' order, to leave the food at the large station, then run feeder lines from your big station in to each town so that both get some food.

I've effectively used this technique both ways to pick up from two small-production industries and deliver to a bigger station attached to a 3rd industry producing the same cargo, for onward shipment to the consuming industry, as well as to deliver a single cargo-type to town industries needing it.
accipiter2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: question about food delivery

Post by accipiter2000 »

thank you guys, I got it.
My most satisfying game session.
viewtopic.php?p=1267789

Return to “General OpenTTD”