Christmas graphics set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Balibali
Engineer
Engineer

Christmas graphics set

Post by Balibali »

Hi, i was looking around the forums but could find only very limited, 1-2 newgrfs related to Christmas. I'm wondering whether i am bad at searching or is it really absent? If it's really not existing, would any of you with graphical experience be interested in making some objects with me, so in 2024 we would not need to play without Christmas set? I have not experience in newgrf creation but would be very happy to help/assist/learn so we can make some objects even together. I was not thinking about too complex items, but some Christmas lights maybe on the streets, some snow-aware Christmas lights on buildings, snowmen, maybe some Santa figures, etc, what could bring a Christmas feeling to the townscape. I hope it can be achieved :bow: :)
_dp_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Christmas graphics set

Post by _dp_ »

You can take a look at grfs used on CItyMania Christmas server (#9). Though iirc Chistmas decorations are path of CityMania Event grf so only come as a bundle. But at least you can use stuff like alpine landscape separately.
Balibali
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Balibali »

Hi, thanks for the reply. Sorry but I am afraid i am too casual OpenTTD-er (even though playing the game since the beginning) to fully understand what you just wrote :( Can you please elaborate it with a more casual language on how i could check those grfs? Thanks!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Balibali wrote: 01 Jan 2024 12:11 Hi, thanks for the reply. Sorry but I am afraid i am too casual OpenTTD-er (even though playing the game since the beginning) to fully understand what you just wrote :( Can you please elaborate it with a more casual language on how i could check those grfs? Thanks!
If you search the in-game downloader for "CityMania Event", you should find the graphics that _dp_ is referring to. I have never used those, so I don't know what they contain.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

The Hungarian Station Set comes with a Christmas market. GarryG's AuzTownObjects Addon has a flying Santa Claus with reindeers. You can find a Christmas tree made by wallyweb & PaulC object here. Auz Water Objects has some water tiles that turn into ice above the snowline, and in Auz Town Objects you'll find some ice skaters. Swedish Houses as Objects has a park tile with a tree that gets decorated with lights above the snowline. And then there's wallyweb's bandstand, which lights up during December. Can't really think of more.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Kaaskrokets Fictional Aircraft - Flying Santa carrying mail. Maybe everything.
https://bananas.openttd.org/package/newgrf/54540101
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
Fredinho wrote: 08 Jan 2024 07:50 The Swedish Houses as Objects has a park tile with a tree that gets decorated with lights above the snowline.
The original Swedish Houses townset also put a christmas tree onto the town square tile during (ingame) december. It does it not only in subarctic but also in temperature climate (didn't test it in tropic climate).

Tschö, Auge

Return to “Graphics Development”