Call for submissions: Graphics

Discuss a Transport Tycoon-like game being programmed by forum users.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Just to keep this thread warm, here's the Airbus A330 I made today.
Attachments
Airbus A330 render 2.jpg
Airbus A330 render 2.jpg (17.61 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
Airbus A330 render.jpg
Airbus A330 render.jpg (23.54 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Actually, I don't really know how to make textures for these types of 3D models (with roundings)...
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I set the model on "smooth" in Blender just for the nice render. In game I'm afraid it will look something like this (but from a greater distance most of the time). You can just map 2D textures to the polygons in the model.
Attachments
Concorde render 1.jpg
Concorde render 1.jpg (14.88 KiB) Viewed 3955 times
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I've finished the Concorde.
Attachments
Concorde render 2.jpg
Concorde render 2.jpg (21.65 KiB) Viewed 3944 times
Concorde render 1.jpg
Concorde render 1.jpg (21.75 KiB) Viewed 3945 times
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Arathorn wrote:I set the model on "smooth" in Blender just for the nice render. In game I'm afraid it will look something like this (but from a greater distance most of the time). You can just map 2D textures to the polygons in the model.
There are algoritms to smooth those things out, I don't know how CPU/GPU intensive they usually are though.

And the models look quite nice, but I don't think Purno could make an usefull texture as most of his drawings are 8bit and quite small which both make it not optimal to put on 3D models.
Oh, and the nose of the Concorde has to be movable, it lowers when landing so pilots can see the runway properly.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I know the nose has to move. The Concorde's flaps are quite big too, perhaps I could animate them as well. For now I'm just modeling. I haven't done any landing gear yet either, because I still want to think a bit about how to integrate and animate them without using to many polygons.
I have never noticed any significant slowdown in Blender while using smooth by the way.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I've just finished a Fokker 50-100, my most difficult plane model so far, and probably the last for today (you never know though, I might squeeze out another jet plane, those are the easiest).
Attachments
Fokker 50-100 render.jpg
Fokker 50-100 render.jpg (28.88 KiB) Viewed 3911 times
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

The models look lovely.

Gouraud shading can make them very smooth btw, so no biggie.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.

Return to “General Transport Empire Discussion”