Town not growing on the other side of the station

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

pvtchaos
Engineer
Engineer

Town not growing on the other side of the station

Post by pvtchaos »

Hi,

Ive got 2 towns, both served by a passenger and a goods line.
Both towns however got one problem : They dont want to start growing on the other side of the station.
I already tried to raise the station and put tunnels under it, but to no effect. Does any one else have a clue why this is happening ??
See the attached pic.
Many thanks in advance !
Attachments
Sinnington Transport, 8th Aug 2090.PNG
Sinnington Transport, 8th Aug 2090.PNG (205.69 KiB) Viewed 774 times
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

give it space and time and the city will grow ;)
Graphite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Graphite »

Town-development on the other side of a bridge/tunnel was broken in r5062 and has since been fixed in r5978. You must have a version inbetween those two.
A computer scientist is someone who, when told to "Go to Hell," sees the "go to," rather than the destination, as harmful.
pvtchaos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pvtchaos »

Graphite & Wolf01, thx for your answer. I already waited many years but this didnt help a bit.
Im not able to find r5978 on the website , the lastest one i can find is r5883. Currently im using the mini integrated r5722. If i try the latest nightly will the problem be solved, and will I be able to load the game >
thx
Graphite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Graphite »

If you're using the miniIN, then you'll have to wait for the next release of the miniIN. Don't know when that'll be though.
A computer scientist is someone who, when told to "Go to Hell," sees the "go to," rather than the destination, as harmful.
pvtchaos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pvtchaos »

But will there be a chance that the save will work with the latest mini, should I just try ?
Graphite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Graphite »

Are you using the mini integrated nightly or the regular integrated nightly? Because from what I can tell the latest regular nightly (http://www.openttd.org/nightly.php) is at r5883 (the one you mentioned), but the mini nighty (http://nightly.openttd.org/MiniIN/files/) is at r5838.

As for them working. If it's the regular nightly, your savegames should be just fine. I have no experience with the miniIN though, so I give no guarantees there.[/url]
pvtchaos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pvtchaos »

Graphite thx for your help, but both versions crash when loading the save game. I guess i have to start a new game to get this town growing :(
Graphite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Graphite »

Hmmm... just noticed that something doesn't add up... it wasn't fixed in r5978, but in r5798... makes it more logical since this is before the latest nightly atleast :p

I'm not surprised that the regular nightly doesn't work atleast, because the miniIN has a lot of extra stuff in that savegame. As for it not working on the latest miniIN. You could ask around in the miniIN topic about that.
GreyHound
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GreyHound »

A street over the rails/tunnel usually helps in my cases
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Graphite wrote:Are you using the mini integrated nightly or the regular integrated nightly? Because from what I can tell the latest regular nightly (http://www.openttd.org/nightly.php) is at r5883 (the one you mentioned), but the mini nighty (http://nightly.openttd.org/MiniIN/files/) is at r5838.

As for them working. If it's the regular nightly, your savegames should be just fine. I have no experience with the miniIN though, so I give no guarantees there.[/url]
Graphite, there is the mini integrated nightly, and the nightly. Every other combination describes something that does not exist. There is, for example, no "regular integrated nightly" and no "mini nightly".
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Graphite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Graphite »

Pardon me for getting it incorrect in that case. I was just trying to clarify the point that there are two possible nightlies, which led to me adding the "regular" part. As for the "mini nightly"... that was because "mini integrated nightly" is such a mouthful (or a fingerstrain, I guess) and I wanted to avoid using "miniIN" in that particular post.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I stick with the fact It's all very confusing.

The MiniIN should become the "Not a nightly!"
:lol:

Return to “General OpenTTD”