[OTTD] Bad Effort Transport

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] Bad Effort Transport

Post by White Rabbit »

I wasn't able to continue playing with Little Hendingstone Transport and test the newhouses build at the same time, so I had to start a new game. For a change, I'm using DBSet XL along with TTRS2.
Attachments
Here's the same grain train, from the last screenshot, on the company's trunk line, which passes right under most of Kreuzstadt. The overpass is for farm-prodce trains from the east to Bielehausen factory.
Here's the same grain train, from the last screenshot, on the company's trunk line, which passes right under most of Kreuzstadt. The overpass is for farm-prodce trains from the east to Bielehausen factory.
Bad Effort Transport, 6th Feb 1933.png (119.75 KiB) Viewed 6199 times
To the south of Nestdat is the small town of Bad Erfurt, along with its train station. It is also serviced by grain and livestock trains. A lone BR 38 in black livery can be seen loading.
To the south of Nestdat is the small town of Bad Erfurt, along with its train station. It is also serviced by grain and livestock trains. A lone BR 38 in black livery can be seen loading.
Bad Effort Transport, 10th Jan 1933.png (94.83 KiB) Viewed 6207 times
Since it's Christmas Day, the large Neststadt Valley station is quite empty. The only trains to be seen are a BR 38 and a BR 75 tank engine with grain and livestock carriages respectively.
Since it's Christmas Day, the large Neststadt Valley station is quite empty. The only trains to be seen are a BR 38 and a BR 75 tank engine with grain and livestock carriages respectively.
Bad Effort Transport, 25th Dec 1932.png (117.82 KiB) Viewed 6212 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 06 Dec 2006 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
Andermund Valley is my grain train's destination. For now, it's just a small drop-off point for grain and livestock, and there are no goods trains here.
Andermund Valley is my grain train's destination. For now, it's just a small drop-off point for grain and livestock, and there are no goods trains here.
Bad Effort Transport, 2nd Jan 1934.png (145.21 KiB) Viewed 806 times
The grain train goes past a rather tight spot, where the tracks are built between mountains to the north-east, and a lake to the south-west. A BR 38 with a new set of stake wagons, with higher speed limits, can also be seen waiting at a signal.
The grain train goes past a rather tight spot, where the tracks are built between mountains to the north-east, and a lake to the south-west. A BR 38 with a new set of stake wagons, with higher speed limits, can also be seen waiting at a signal.
Bad Effort Transport, 16th Mar 1933.png (147.05 KiB) Viewed 819 times
After a small climb, the grain train navigates some tracks that snake through the mountain valley of Bielehausen. The tall tower of Bielehausen's cathedral can easily be seen from this distance.
After a small climb, the grain train navigates some tracks that snake through the mountain valley of Bielehausen. The tall tower of Bielehausen's cathedral can easily be seen from this distance.
Bad Effort Transport, 18th Feb 1933.png (142.47 KiB) Viewed 6180 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 07 Dec 2006 20:42, edited 2 times in total.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
Finally, here is a shot of Bielehausen Factory itself. Four BR 152s deliver goods to Potsdam, and they all share a single platform for loading. A few BR 38s have been replaced by BR 45s, and their trains lengthened to meet increased demand.
Finally, here is a shot of Bielehausen Factory itself. Four BR 152s deliver goods to Potsdam, and they all share a single platform for loading. A few BR 38s have been replaced by BR 45s, and their trains lengthened to meet increased demand.
Bad Effort Transport, 26th Jan 1942.png (221.19 KiB) Viewed 809 times
The map. It's not much after 22 years of play, but I had serious money problems early on because my initial route was so long that I spent half of my train money on signals...
The map. It's not much after 22 years of play, but I had serious money problems early on because my initial route was so long that I spent half of my train money on signals...
Bad Effort Transport, 27th Feb 1942.png (27.41 KiB) Viewed 6163 times
Bielehausen Factory was linked up with two more farms to the north-west. Here's a shot of BR 175s on a set of viaducts, with the livestock train heading back to reload.
Bielehausen Factory was linked up with two more farms to the north-west. Here's a shot of BR 175s on a set of viaducts, with the livestock train heading back to reload.
Bad Effort Transport, 13th Dec 1937.png (142.26 KiB) Viewed 6166 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Some screenshots of my new goods and coal lines, and some upgraded junctions.
Attachments
The map. The rail to the far west leads to Neu Friedmunster farm, with its produce going to Andermund Factory. The coal mines are next to Bielehausen Factory, and the coal lines go to the far east.
The map. The rail to the far west leads to Neu Friedmunster farm, with its produce going to Andermund Factory. The coal mines are next to Bielehausen Factory, and the coal lines go to the far east.
Bad Effort Transport, 5th Feb 1950.png (56.53 KiB) Viewed 787 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
Travelling on the high-capacity lines north-west of Kreuzstadt, and passing by another grain train.
Travelling on the high-capacity lines north-west of Kreuzstadt, and passing by another grain train.
Bad Effort Transport, 8th May 1949.png (58.14 KiB) Viewed 6043 times
Here's my goods train on its way to the trunk line. We can see a couple of grain trains on their way to the factory, a V100 diesel engine just exiting a tunnel, and two BR 45-hauled coal trains.
Here's my goods train on its way to the trunk line. We can see a couple of grain trains on their way to the factory, a V100 diesel engine just exiting a tunnel, and two BR 45-hauled coal trains.
Bad Effort Transport, 1st Apr 1949.png (97.12 KiB) Viewed 6044 times
My mission in this game is to deliver goods to all the towns, but first we need money. Neu Friedmunster is about 400 tiles away from Andermund Factory, so our first long-distance goods trains will unload there.
My mission in this game is to deliver goods to all the towns, but first we need money. Neu Friedmunster is about 400 tiles away from Andermund Factory, so our first long-distance goods trains will unload there.
Bad Effort Transport, 14th Mar 1949.png (74.96 KiB) Viewed 6045 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
Just beyond the tunnels is some very difficult terrain. I tried to bypass it, then realised I had millions in the bank and simply decided to cut through. You can see the cliffs the tracks are in-between, forming a mini-valley.
Just beyond the tunnels is some very difficult terrain. I tried to bypass it, then realised I had millions in the bank and simply decided to cut through. You can see the cliffs the tracks are in-between, forming a mini-valley.
Bad Effort Transport, 14th Jul 1949.png (94.97 KiB) Viewed 6033 times
During its trip, the goods train will pass by several towns that accept goods, but I will ignore them for now. Here's the goods train going past yet another grain train in a particularly remote area of the network.
During its trip, the goods train will pass by several towns that accept goods, but I will ignore them for now. Here's the goods train going past yet another grain train in a particularly remote area of the network.
Bad Effort Transport, 9th Jul 1949.png (126.08 KiB) Viewed 6033 times
The line to Neu Friedmunster goes past Neststadt farm station, which I've already shown. Here's the goods train meeting a V100 grain train about 1/3 through its journey.
The line to Neu Friedmunster goes past Neststadt farm station, which I've already shown. Here's the goods train meeting a V100 grain train about 1/3 through its journey.
Bad Effort Transport, 1st Jun 1949.png (141.14 KiB) Viewed 6035 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
And we're finally at Neu Friedmunster. The line continues to the farm, but the goods train will head back to the factory, with its big earnings. :)
And we're finally at Neu Friedmunster. The line continues to the farm, but the goods train will head back to the factory, with its big earnings. :)
Bad Effort Transport, 23rd Sep 1949.png (136.46 KiB) Viewed 6022 times
Descending down a loop.
Descending down a loop.
Bad Effort Transport, 12th Aug 1949.png (62.78 KiB) Viewed 6021 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above. Now showing the coal line.
Attachments
Navigating the heavy-traffic junction south-west of the factory. I've tried to give the coal trains lots of dedicated tracks, and prioritised the junctions whenever they meet with the important farm trains, which keep the goods trains running.
Navigating the heavy-traffic junction south-west of the factory. I've tried to give the coal trains lots of dedicated tracks, and prioritised the junctions whenever they meet with the important farm trains, which keep the goods trains running.
Bad Effort Transport, 4th Jan 1950.png (109.75 KiB) Viewed 6021 times
At first there were only two coal mines, but they had low outputs, so I funded a third one. Now you never see more than one coal train on the station at a time. The station itself is boxed in by electrified lines and I had to use tunnels and bridges.
At first there were only two coal mines, but they had low outputs, so I funded a third one. Now you never see more than one coal train on the station at a time. The station itself is boxed in by electrified lines and I had to use tunnels and bridges.
Bad Effort Transport, 1st Dec 1949.png (100.46 KiB) Viewed 6019 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 07 Dec 2006 20:57, edited 2 times in total.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above. Last two.
Attachments
Lastly, the Stralshurst power station. Building it was surprisingly difficult since the slopes were too steep, and I had to do a lot of 'bending' with the tracks. ;)
Lastly, the Stralshurst power station. Building it was surprisingly difficult since the slopes were too steep, and I had to do a lot of 'bending' with the tracks. ;)
Bad Effort Transport, 25th Jan 1950.png (113.67 KiB) Viewed 6015 times
After passing an empty coal train, its gondolas still seen in the screenshot, the train leaves the farm junction behind and goes up a gentle incline.
After passing an empty coal train, its gondolas still seen in the screenshot, the train leaves the farm junction behind and goes up a gentle incline.
Bad Effort Transport, 13th Jan 1950.png (82.67 KiB) Viewed 6017 times
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I do like the fact that a lot of OpenTTD screenshots feel a lot more spacious and unrestricted compared with traditional TTD shots. Some nice pics, there. :)
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Thanks. It must be the larger maps. ;)

I have 13 more screenshots to show...later. I'm not sure whether to continue with this game or start a new one with TTRSv3. But then again, TTRS2 is good enough for me, to be honest.

EDIT: Sadly, TTRSv3 is still partly unsupported by my current newhouses build, so I might as well continue. Now for the screenshots.
Attachments
The map. Iron ore and steel were the two natural cargo choices due to all the factories and farms I serviced. A big station was built at the only steel mill that's still not closed down, and it has been connected to 4 iron ore mines.
The map. Iron ore and steel were the two natural cargo choices due to all the factories and farms I serviced. A big station was built at the only steel mill that's still not closed down, and it has been connected to 4 iron ore mines.
Bad Effort Transport, 6th Nov 1957.png (26.59 KiB) Viewed 5853 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
Here is the departing BR 194 on some tracks above the tunnels of Kelbruck junction. At 2398 tonnes when fully loaded with iron ore, BR 194s haul the heaviest trains on my network.
Here is the departing BR 194 on some tracks above the tunnels of Kelbruck junction. At 2398 tonnes when fully loaded with iron ore, BR 194s haul the heaviest trains on my network.
Bad Effort Transport, 17th Dec 1952.png (100.74 KiB) Viewed 5845 times
Muhlheim Mines produced even more: 400 tonnes/month. It's just a perfect excuse to attach some new, expensive self-discharging hoppers to the most powerful electric engine currently available, the BR 194. ;-)
Muhlheim Mines produced even more: 400 tonnes/month. It's just a perfect excuse to attach some new, expensive self-discharging hoppers to the most powerful electric engine currently available, the BR 194. ;-)
Bad Effort Transport, 7th Dec 1952.png (106.11 KiB) Viewed 5847 times
This iron ore mine had around 200 tonnes/month production, so I wanted lots of trains on it, but felt a ro-ro station would be too messy. Around the mine can be seen two farm trains. The whole area is electrified since I can afford electric trains now.
This iron ore mine had around 200 tonnes/month production, so I wanted lots of trains on it, but felt a ro-ro station would be too messy. Around the mine can be seen two farm trains. The whole area is electrified since I can afford electric trains now.
Bad Effort Transport, 5th Nov 1952.png (152.33 KiB) Viewed 5848 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 08 Dec 2006 17:06, edited 1 time in total.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
The original pair of viaducts were meant for only 4 farm trains, but now that I've added 8 steel trains and 9 iron ore trains to the farm network, I had to build an extra pair of bridges and tunnels. It really does get this busy at times.
The original pair of viaducts were meant for only 4 farm trains, but now that I've added 8 steel trains and 9 iron ore trains to the farm network, I had to build an extra pair of bridges and tunnels. It really does get this busy at times.
Bad Effort Transport, 8th Oct 1957.png (134.77 KiB) Viewed 5836 times
Here's the steel mill, the only one left on the map. Real(ly) heavy industry. ;-) Currently, the steel trains only go to Bielehausen Factory, but soon Andermund will be connected too.
Here's the steel mill, the only one left on the map. Real(ly) heavy industry. ;-) Currently, the steel trains only go to Bielehausen Factory, but soon Andermund will be connected too.
Bad Effort Transport, 10th Aug 1956.png (134.67 KiB) Viewed 756 times
A short while later, the BR 194 prepares to join up with the other iron ore line. A small assortment of electric engines can be seen here. Apart from the BR 194, there are two BR 175s near the farm, and two BR 144s hauling iron ore. If that makes sense...
A short while later, the BR 194 prepares to join up with the other iron ore line. A small assortment of electric engines can be seen here. Apart from the BR 194, there are two BR 175s near the farm, and two BR 144s hauling iron ore. If that makes sense...
Bad Effort Transport, 24th Jan 1953.png (116.81 KiB) Viewed 5838 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 09 Dec 2006 16:21, edited 2 times in total.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above. Last three.
Attachments
Just like the other places with long pieces of track without signals, this place is a chokepoint too, so two tunnels were added.
Just like the other places with long pieces of track without signals, this place is a chokepoint too, so two tunnels were added.
Bad Effort Transport, 2nd Nov 1957.png (73.39 KiB) Viewed 5824 times
You can see how Kelbruck junction has changed since 1952. Another set of tunnels, and an extension of the iron ore line, with a priority signalling system in place.
You can see how Kelbruck junction has changed since 1952. Another set of tunnels, and an extension of the iron ore line, with a priority signalling system in place.
Bad Effort Transport, 1st Nov 1957.png (99.63 KiB) Viewed 5824 times
Due to the length of the steel trains, I couldn't fit them into the existing factory station platforms, so I stationwalked the steel unload platforms. Looks like I need to get more goods trains...
Due to the length of the steel trains, I couldn't fit them into the existing factory station platforms, so I stationwalked the steel unload platforms. Looks like I need to get more goods trains...
Bad Effort Transport, 31st Oct 1957.png (85.05 KiB) Viewed 5825 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 09 Dec 2006 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Oh, and let's not forget this screenshot of heavy traffic flow in perpendicular directions. :D
Attachments
Bad Effort Transport, 27th Dec 1958.png
Bad Effort Transport, 27th Dec 1958.png (147.53 KiB) Viewed 5866 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

The south-eastern part of my transport empire in 1970. As you can see, Muhlheim is no longer at the end of the network. Beyond it is two iron ore mines (cost almost 40 million DM to construct), and a 'naturally' occuring coal mine near Lubeck, with an output of over 700 tonnes/month. Steel is now also delivered to Andermund Valley, and the coal trains from Lubeck will share tracks with the new steel trains for a short while.

I'll let the pictures do the talking now. :P
Attachments
Bad Effort Transport, 6th Jan 1970.png
Bad Effort Transport, 6th Jan 1970.png (37.96 KiB) Viewed 5637 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above. Following a BR 150 coal train to the Stralshorst power plant.
Attachments
The tracks continue ahead, before swinging across the relatively flat coastline, where we meet an empty coal train heading back to the mines.
The tracks continue ahead, before swinging across the relatively flat coastline, where we meet an empty coal train heading back to the mines.
Bad Effort Transport, 8th May 1969.png (74.47 KiB) Viewed 5624 times
The tracks go right by a lower production coal mine, which was only serviced in 1971.
The tracks go right by a lower production coal mine, which was only serviced in 1971.
Bad Effort Transport, 29th Apr 1969.png (87.26 KiB) Viewed 5629 times
Departing from the mines, with a good view of the station layout.
Departing from the mines, with a good view of the station layout.
Bad Effort Transport, 19th Apr 1969.png (107.23 KiB) Viewed 5627 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
Descending down the Mulheim serpentine, going past another empty coal train. The main line is mostly at sea level, though the power station is higher up, so we'll eventually have to climb up again.
Descending down the Mulheim serpentine, going past another empty coal train. The main line is mostly at sea level, though the power station is higher up, so we'll eventually have to climb up again.
Bad Effort Transport, 8th Jun 1969.png (111.67 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
Finally we can cruise over open, flat land. If only the train could go faster than 80km/h...
Finally we can cruise over open, flat land. If only the train could go faster than 80km/h...
Bad Effort Transport, 19th May 1969.png (89.19 KiB) Viewed 5616 times
The train climbs up and above the iron ore mines down in Dresden valley. This is actually a busy coal/iron ore line, but I've still had to single-track parts of it due to the slopes.
The train climbs up and above the iron ore mines down in Dresden valley. This is actually a busy coal/iron ore line, but I've still had to single-track parts of it due to the slopes.
Bad Effort Transport, 26th May 1969.png (140.93 KiB) Viewed 5620 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 11 Dec 2006 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
The junction here, shown earlier, has been improved slightly, to deal with the influx of coal trains on this part of the network. It's business as usual at the steel mill...but it's none of the coal train's business. ;-)
The junction here, shown earlier, has been improved slightly, to deal with the influx of coal trains on this part of the network. It's business as usual at the steel mill...but it's none of the coal train's business. ;-)
Bad Effort Transport, 11th Sep 1969.png (89.42 KiB) Viewed 5612 times
That train has now reached the foot of the mountain that separates it from the power station. Below us are the steel trains' tracks, and on the other side of the lake lie the exit tracks of the steel mill.
That train has now reached the foot of the mountain that separates it from the power station. Below us are the steel trains' tracks, and on the other side of the lake lie the exit tracks of the steel mill.
Bad Effort Transport, 1st Sep 1969.png (110.98 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
Here we are on the very busy lines next to Wertfurt. Traffic has got so heavy I had to build new tracks just for the heavy coal and iron ore trains. The train is about to enter a tunnel, north of Wertfurt Mines, which I have already shown.
Here we are on the very busy lines next to Wertfurt. Traffic has got so heavy I had to build new tracks just for the heavy coal and iron ore trains. The train is about to enter a tunnel, north of Wertfurt Mines, which I have already shown.
Bad Effort Transport, 10th Aug 1969.png (71.58 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 11 Dec 2006 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
Finally, a screenshot of the two new steel train platforms of Andermund Factory. The entrance junction is working well. :-)
Finally, a screenshot of the two new steel train platforms of Andermund Factory. The entrance junction is working well. :-)
Bad Effort Transport, 24th Oct 1969.png (91.22 KiB) Viewed 5607 times
Arriving at the partially electrified power plant station at last. BR 45s still operate the mid-western coal mines, and they also drop off coal here.
Arriving at the partially electrified power plant station at last. BR 45s still operate the mid-western coal mines, and they also drop off coal here.
Bad Effort Transport, 4th Oct 1969.png (155.24 KiB) Viewed 5611 times
A serpentine-loop combo handles the traffic east of the factory and power station, with coal and steel trains passing by each other at regular intervals. Steel trains carry on going up, while coal trains head for the tunnel.
A serpentine-loop combo handles the traffic east of the factory and power station, with coal and steel trains passing by each other at regular intervals. Steel trains carry on going up, while coal trains head for the tunnel.
Bad Effort Transport, 19th Sep 1969.png (153.69 KiB) Viewed 5609 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 13 Dec 2006 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Screenshots”