OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC3

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Yes, the problem is that this was broken by TGP and not fixed since. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Quark
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Quark »

OczeQ wrote:Don't know if it's a bug, but seems to...
When i start a new game with a downloaded map (play scenario button) no grfs are loaded, and options in "configure patches" window are set in diffrent way I set them a while ago in main menu... :?

And when playing new game using random map generator everything works correctly. :!:
It is by design — most settings is stored in savegame/scenario.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Quark wrote:
OczeQ wrote:Don't know if it's a bug, but seems to...
When i start a new game with a downloaded map (play scenario button) no grfs are loaded, and options in "configure patches" window are set in diffrent way I set them a while ago in main menu... :?

And when playing new game using random map generator everything works correctly. :!:
It is by design — most settings is stored in savegame/scenario.
It's NOT by design. When you play a new game it should have to use your OWN settings, not the settings stored in there.
That's why there was 'new game' and 'play scenario'. New game used your own settings, play scenario the ones stored inside the scenario.
But TGP broke this by only presenting 'play scenario' and removing the option of 'new game'.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Quark
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Quark »

Wow, i never know that «new game» and «play scenario» are different behaviors :) Awaiting for fix. (I was start playing OTTD with TGP)

P.S. can someone respond me to that post?
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Darkvater wrote:That's why there was 'new game' and 'play scenario'. New game used your own settings, play scenario the ones stored inside the scenario.
The -g command line switch is the latter; are there plans for the former, from the command line?
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

@Brianetta: There are plans to get the new-game with own settings back in, -g will then use that. Can't say if it'll be 0.5.0.

OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC4

Return to “General OpenTTD”