Open Locomation!!

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

djlazy
Engineer
Engineer

Open Locomation!!

Post by djlazy »

Hi

I WANT OPEN LOCOMOTION!!!!! but i can't program or write code, so who is going to make then!?:P serscily through, hasn't it been out long enough to call it aborden ware? or can we at least get started on it? i mean how great will that be we can fix all of those problems, put a DRAG AND DROP SYSTEM!! is it going to happen is there anything in the pipeline? doesn;t anyone eles want it as well!!!????
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Open Locomation!!

Post by Twiggy »

Mate, we all want it. But if you look around the joint, you'll see the topic has come up a quazillion times. No, it won't happen anytime soon, because editing the exe is ILLEGAL!!! Don't go yelling on the forums either, we are a respectable, welcoming bunch, and you don't want to be getting off on the wrong foot. That said, use a flippin' spell checker and look at your grammer, it's peeving me off. English isn't that hard to master.
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Welcome to the forums.
I realise you're new here but shouting, ie all capital letters, will just get you ignored. Take your time and read the forum rules.
Most of what Twiggy wrote is correct. Look around the Locomotion area and you'll find a stickied topic about .exe editting.

@ Twiggy - I believe he's dsylexic from what I've read elsewhere on the forum.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

djlazy wrote:DRAG AND DROP SYSTEM
if by that you mean the track construction, then no, I like the present construction method.
djlazy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by djlazy »

Hi

Thank you for your replays. i have taken all of your comments on board. First of all i am sorry that i used caps in my post. But the idea wasn't that i wanted to shout anything at anyone, i just wanted to put enfuses on my statement, maybe next time i will use bold. Now the spelling issues, well there is not much i can do about that, becuase as someone put there i am dysliecx, and yes i have got a spell cheeker, but believe it or not, that can not even figure out my spelling sometimes, and it certialy does not correct my grammer, and if you were to meet me and actlly talk to me, you won;t even know i had a problem with my reading,wrting and spelling unsless i told you, becuase it does not effect how i speak or how i can consratied sentence.

Now this was only a hyperptheal idea, i do know that it is illigeal to edit exe, i didn't want to start anything, i want to see if anyone eles feels that there want it. and guess we do. I also wanted to know what people would want, and i want to know if it is possible to make some sort of start without editing the exe and breaking the law, isn't there parpartie work with can done? The drag and drop feature with i am talking about is the one in open tdd when you build track or a station, i think that if open locomation ever happen that should be in there. Anyway as i said i basiclly want your ideas of what you want and i want to know what can hypertheally be done to make open locomotion without break any laws?

Thanks
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Use the search and you will find 1000`s of topics about this one.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

I don't believe that it would be as easy to create Open Locomotion without breaking the law compared to creating OTTD. The reason is that Locomotion has a license agreement that specifically prohibits the user from reverse engineering or decompiling the executable or any other proprietary game components whereas TTD does not contain such a restrictive license.
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

djlazy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by djlazy »

ha, i did a search for open locomotion and i found was topics about people who could't open locomotion and then i did one for open loco and there wasn't really anything, but as pookey just pointed out that it has a different type of liecineing argument with would make it vertally imposible to do any kind of work towards it without breaking the law. But we can still talk about what we want hyperphetilly!
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Its pointless to talk about it if it isnt going to happen soon. There were multiple topic about it (like the P1 sim thing). And other stuff. I cant see a reason to go on.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
djlazy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by djlazy »

yes you are right, lets save itill we know something is happening
President
President

Post by WWW »

Jumping in here to tell you cats that if you never agreed to the EULA, you have a case (not that atari would bother prosecuting you) for decompilation. Certainly my current copy of locomotion (bought second hand without a manual) has no EULA "I accept" or "You have read the eula if you continue" button.

Go figure. I'mma carry on decompiling loco.exe, kay?

Oh and @"EDITING THE EXE IS jkjasdnaklnljnkjlgnkljgnj" l2opensourceclone.
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

WWW wrote:Jumping in here to tell you cats that if you never agreed to the EULA, you have a case (not that atari would bother prosecuting you) for decompilation. Certainly my current copy of locomotion (bought second hand without a manual) has no EULA "I accept" or "You have read the eula if you continue" button.

Go figure. I'mma carry on decompiling loco.exe, kay?

Oh and @"EDITING THE EXE IS jkjasdnaklnljnkjlgnkljgnj" l2opensourceclone.
i may not know much about law but i know that this ^ is "some animals left overs" (please update that statement to a profanity level that best fit your age/region/sex/taste/whatever)

as for the rest i have no idea wth, kay ?(
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

How many times do we have to repeat ourselves. Owen does not want the forum associated with any .exe editting disscussion. Do via PM, email, whatever, just not here.

Locky locky.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||

Return to “General Locomotion”