PBS and tunnels problem in TTDPatch r2293

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Major
Engineer
Engineer

PBS and tunnels problem in TTDPatch r2293

Post by Major »

Here's the setting: this train's destination is the station San Francisco (far left, only part of the name visible). Unfortunately it can't pass this signal, even if the signal is green. The problem is the combination of PBS and tunnel: if I remove the tunnels or I place a non-PBS signal the train can get to the station. In the second picture I placed a signal after the tunnel, so I can be sure that the length of the PBS block isn't a problem, but with no success.

I'm using TTDPatch 2.6 Alpha r2293.

Major
Engineer
Engineer

Re: PBS and tunnels problem in TTDPatch r2293

Post by Major »

UPDATE: After some testing on different maps and track/route configurations I found that this happens whenever there is a tunnel longer than the minimal tunnel length (2 tiles). Is this a known PBS limitation or this happens only to me?
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Major wrote:[...] Is this a known PBS limitation or this happens only to me?
I think I´ve seen it reported here before. Please try the search function.

regards
Michael
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Lakie wrote:Based off this person's issue which seems similar, I suggest you try turning on enhanced tunnels as that fixed their issue.

~ Lakie
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Lakie, ISA wrote: Based off this person's issue which seems similar, I suggest you try turning on enhanced tunnels as that fixed their issue.
Err what? "This person" being "Major" himself? He had that same problem one year before, but forgot his own solution/workaraound? :P
Major on Fri Jan 23, 2009 wrote: I solved the problem by enabling 'enhancetunnels'. Please add this condition in 'Manual->Patches->Infrastructure->Railroads->Signalling->PathBasedSignalling' at the requirements for PBS to work correctly.
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 14#p759519
Or is that a different problem?

regards
Michael
Major
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Major »

Yeah, that was me who posted one year ago. :D I didn' forget that I had this issue before, but I thought that it was solved with the new releases (a lot changed in one year). Seeing that it wasn't solved, I wanted to report the problem again, thinking it was forgotten.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”