[OTTD] Bad Effort Transport

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

White Rabbit wrote: A serpentine-loop combo handles the traffic east of the factory...
I love building those, though mine have wider curves and shorter bridges. Great shots though.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Good looking game White Rabbit, I’m pleased I was able to help with saving it from oblivion. Thanks for the statue. :D
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Thanks you two. :)

6 more screenshots. I've spent the past 10 years constructing new goods and coal lines, but they are mostly small 'protrusions' from the main network, so I was basically adding more trains, and increasing congestion. This also led to an over-haul of the eastern electrified lines, where the new coal trains, from the two 1000 tonnes/month minesup north, are clogging the whole network up.
Attachments
A minor update of the map. You can see that the lines around Wertfurt have got a lot thicker, and there are three new stations connected to the main network.
A minor update of the map. You can see that the lines around Wertfurt have got a lot thicker, and there are three new stations connected to the main network.
Bad Effort Transport, 7th Jan 1984.png (24.03 KiB) Viewed 2675 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
My new 6-track mainline. The idea is that trains will pick a track ahead of time, at a junction, and then stick to it. No track switching. Since many trains have different destinations, giving them dedicated tracks is a worthwhile investment.
My new 6-track mainline. The idea is that trains will pick a track ahead of time, at a junction, and then stick to it. No track switching. Since many trains have different destinations, giving them dedicated tracks is a worthwhile investment.
Bad Effort Transport, 11th Oct 1979.png (183.93 KiB) Viewed 528 times
A BR 155 and an empty BR 140 travel across the bridges over Potsdam Bay, while another BR 155 heads to LangenBruck with a heavy load of flat bed wagons.
A BR 155 and an empty BR 140 travel across the bridges over Potsdam Bay, while another BR 155 heads to LangenBruck with a heavy load of flat bed wagons.
Bad Effort Transport, 14th Aug 1979.png (140.06 KiB) Viewed 470 times
A BR 155 with goods destined for Lohrstadt journeys across the southern coastal cliffs of the map, a very scenic route. Pity I don't have any passenger trains yet.
A BR 155 with goods destined for Lohrstadt journeys across the southern coastal cliffs of the map, a very scenic route. Pity I don't have any passenger trains yet.
Bad Effort Transport, 4th Aug 1979.png (154.17 KiB) Viewed 532 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
Finally, the expanded power plant station of Stralshorst. Two platforms was simply not enough for 37 coal trains.
Finally, the expanded power plant station of Stralshorst. Two platforms was simply not enough for 37 coal trains.
Bad Effort Transport, 1st Mar 1981.png (151.93 KiB) Viewed 2667 times
The junction outside Bielehausen Factory is a meeting place for my goods, steel, and coal trains.
The junction outside Bielehausen Factory is a meeting place for my goods, steel, and coal trains.
Bad Effort Transport, 21st Jun 1980.png (112.97 KiB) Viewed 2658 times
Here's the same BR 155, previously seen outside Potsdam, approaching Langenbruck station. You can see that BR232s have replaced my steam engines by now, and they're the fastest heavy freight engines I currently have (coal trains at 120km/h!)
Here's the same BR 155, previously seen outside Potsdam, approaching Langenbruck station. You can see that BR232s have replaced my steam engines by now, and they're the fastest heavy freight engines I currently have (coal trains at 120km/h!)
Bad Effort Transport, 27th Aug 1979.png (111.74 KiB) Viewed 2661 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I must say that you have inspired me to go and download OTTD, even if the only reason is those larger maps. Very nice White Rabbit, very nice indeed.
mtwist
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mtwist »

Ameecher is absolutly right! Your pictures were also the reason for me to migrate to OTTD. Some nice patch features are still missing, but the big maps make extremely realistic track networks possible.

Return to “Screenshots”